Official 2018 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Sep 2, 2018.

1. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Steelers @ Jags I was hanging my head the whole frigging game. "Oh well at least the defense is playing outrageously well and hanging in there," was my only consolation. Dropped passes, 4 or 5 INTs, no yards, nothing. An embarrassing display of offense against what looked to me like an excellent Jacksonville defense. Then the second half of the 4th quarter happened... then with 5 seconds left the whole bar erupted!

sean79 likes this.
  2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

um...is there a level of wrong because im sure i nailed it at the top of the wrong chart

season over for the eagles

season over for the skins

dallas will win the division

TheGoodTexan likes this.
  3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I am amazed that the Texans have gone 7 straight. Felt really bad about Alex Smith's injury.

4. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I was furious because the I didn't get watch the Ravens game against the Bengals in which Joe Flacco was out and Lamar Williams was in. They won, but it still made me cuss a lot to miss it.

5. Brad Pittiful

nfl net work shows replays of the weeks games...they might replay that game...check their listings

6. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

How you like 'em now?

I don't care very much who wins what any more, but I am pulling for the Bears now that a Plundertown favorite son is their offensive coordinator. Mark Helfrich is a fine guy, a very smart guy, and a fine football mind. The Ducks shouldn't have let him go, but their loss is your gain. . . .

voodooblues likes this.
  7. SolidSteak

Lamar Jackson was running it all over the Bungles; 117 yards. Very athletic... doesn't look like he has the arm of Flacco, but man he was hustling around more than any other current NFL starting QB!

8. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

My Vikings are down 14-22 with 3 minutes left. It’s close enough that I’m going to get my hopes up even though I’m sure I know how this will end

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Brad Pittiful

tough one but the chicago broncos prevailed

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  10. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

If the Vikings scored the first three quarters like they did the last it would have been nice. Oh well, I guess I’ll save money on Super Bowl tickets this year.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

I was hoping for improvement his year but I don't think anyone was expecting this. I feel like historically last night was the type of game the Bears usually lose, I think these Bears might be legit. Regardless of the outcome of this season, it's nice the see the team playing halfway decent after the last 5 years of ineptitude.

Stubee likes this.
  12. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Any team with a defense like the Bears is legit, but Trubisky still needs a lot of seasoning before they go deep in the playoffs. I'd keep his passing in the short to medium range until he figures out that those guys in the other jerseys are there for a reason.

13. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

His downfield passing has been iffy all season. He's shown flashes, but he's not hitting guys downfield consistently enough. Truthfully I'm not even thinking about a deep playoff run, even making the playoffs this year would be far more than anyone expected from them.

14. SolidSteak

Can't believe I missed MNF. What do people think about Mahomes vs. Goff? Is it the next Brady vs. Manning?

15. Brad Pittiful

rams v cheifs...a defensive battle it wasnt...but the defense that happened got the rams the win

16. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That game bothered me. On the one hand it was very entertaining. But I don't want to see 53-50 all the time. Anymore, a 35-31 game is not considered a high scoring game--whereas, it was at one time.

I dunno... I like seeing more defense in a game. And I don't just mean strip sacks, which are obviously high impact plays... but actually 3 and outing team for three straight series, something like that. You pretty much don't see that any more.

I hate how all the rules favor the offense. But that's where the game is right now.

Stubee likes this.
  17. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Two weeks in a row without a Browns loss!

(OK, sure, it was a by week after a win, but we take good news where we can find it.)

18. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Man, that Rams-Chiefs was something else for sure. Wow. Mahomes has some learning to do, but he's very good otherwise!. Without his 5-6 turnovers the Chiefs would have easily won. He carries the football like it's a fragile egg. Loose in one hand.

Shuster and Toto'sDad like this.
  19. SolidSteak

The Steelers/Jags game had some excellent D, as well as a good old fashioned run game with Fournette's return. Tons of 3 and outs, scoreless in the first quarter. I too like watching a defensive battle.

Even still, Ben was definitely the beneficiary of one of those "tickling the passer" calls. Not that I'm complaining too much... it was a bogus call, but the Steelers offense needed all the penalty help they could get that day.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  20. SolidSteak

Also I read that it was officially the first NFL game where a team scored over 50 points and did not win the game.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.