1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Official 2018 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Sep 2, 2018.

1. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Broncos give game to Ravens. Whatever momentum they had left the field with Lindsay getting thrown out of the game. All due respect to Raven's defense- particularly pass coverage- Bronco QB Keenum couldn't see targets and either forgot about his short routes or held onto the ball too long and got sacked - usually on third down.

At least the Cowboys and the Patriots lost...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The Patriots didn't lose, here I'll let Brady explain it to you. Okay, take it away Tom! Tom, Tom? Hey Tom where the hell did you go?

Lake Placid Blue and teletimetx like this.
  3. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

It's cool to see the amazing crop of young QB's in the NFL. I think Trubisky is going to be a good one How great to see what KC with Mahomes is doing. Reminds me of when Kurt Warner came into the league with the Rams. Speaking of the Rams, Goff is certainly making the most of the amazing weapons around him. I think Rosen is going to be real good and Josh from the Bill's is also right up there. What a game he had yesterday. Again, when they have the time they need, their accuracy is stunning to watch.

By the way, how horrible do you think Jerry Jones feels for not going after Earl Thomas? What a great player he is. Having him back (along with linebacker Bobby) was a huge boost to the Seahawks yesterday.

Has anyone taken notice of the Seahawks new punter from Texas? His years playing Australian rules football (and his amazing talent) allow him to boot the hell out of the ball, drop kick and place the ball inside the 20. Most punters bounce it out of the end zone, but he has the ability to make the ball stop where he wants it to stop. John Ryan was an excellent punter (and still is one of the best) here for years. Sad to see him go, but happy they replaced him with such a remarkable talent.

4. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Pretty accurate...good call.

His first drive was perfect and it started off looking like it may be a blowout. Then Doug P screwed up by going for a 55yd FG in the rain after the 2nd drive stalled. Why? The Colts had no momentum and went 3 n out on the their first two possessions. After the missed FG and a long PI penalty they were right back in the game with a TD. Was a tough game from there.

Any way, they were fortunate to pull it out, the D stood tall when it counted at the end. And despite an INT and a fumble, Wentz looked good. He's going to need Alshon back ASAP tho, they're getting no production at WR.

5. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

It's a shame Alshon Jeffrey didn't like playing in Chicago, he's such a good receiver.

6. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I can’t believe the 49ers already lost their quarterback for the rest of the season.

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Ok

What about that lame don't touch the QB rule. Sheesh.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  8. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's making the game difficult to watch. I really wish they'd address this. I'd rather they just make it 2-hand-touch on the QB rather than these ridiculous flags they keep throwing.

9. Johnson johnson

Johnson johnson Tele-Holic

I agree completely, it's making it very difficult to watch. Besides the impact on the game itself now it seems like there is no consistency in the flags being thrown.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  10. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

Order has returned to the football universe, with two of three Florida teams losing.

That’s about normal. Usually I go into a weekend hoping one of them can get a win.

11. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

It’s ridiculous. Two in particular from last night, in the end zone where Gerald McCoy pushed Big Ben down was just silly. The other one where a Bucs player in trying to block a pass attempt made slight contact with Ben’s helmet from the side with his open hand. Ben put on a good acting job on that one and dropped like he had been shot with a magnum. I can see some of the calls where guys are falling full weight body-slam on the QB but this needs to be fixed.

Stubee likes this.
  12. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Agreed. Jimmy was just starting to really make a name for himself.

13. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Ironic though that they further tweaked the QB tackling rule because of the tackle on Aaron Rodgers last year and now it's hurt the Packers more than any other team.

uriah1 likes this.
  14. Lake Placid Blue

They did that to make the sport fair for everyone. I’ve never played before but if the defense isn’t allowed to touch me I’ll play quarterback for a mere half of what they pay those professionals[emoji846]
    By the way, if this keeps up, in a few years the quarterback will be able to just walk down the field into the end zone. Or maybe they should just start playing two hand touch.

uriah1 likes this.
  15. Bob M

Bob M Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I am! In the past they survived 1-2 and 2-2 starts because they are in the inept AFC East. This year at least to this point (granted there is a lot of season left for the Bills and Fins to implode) the AFC East is not looking like a cakewalk. This Sunday is as big a regular season game being played in Foxboro as there has been in a while. Are the Dolphins for real?

16. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

It freakin sucks. It was obvious McCoy's momentum just carried him in - you can hear him on the mic saying "My bad, Ben." He didn't even land on him! They both looked confused by that call. I even saw him talking with Ben after the game. Bostic was called on one of those too.

Aside from the roughing calls, there's also the sacks that don't happen. A linebacker gets free and bull rushes the QB, but pulls up at the last second and injures themselves or just whiffs completely? C'mon man!

17. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Soooooo, I'm not too sure my Vikes won't get beaten tonight. Go Vikings, surprise me. P.S.-I am a huge fan of the Rams throwback blue and gold uniforms.

18. Lake Placid Blue

I’m a huge fan of the Purple People Eaters Days. I hope they don’t screw up tonight. Or at least, not screw up as much as the Rams[emoji846]

Cantbreak100guy likes this.
  19. Johnson johnson

Johnson johnson Tele-Holic

I'll be pulling for the Vikes, sort of...:cool:

20. Lake Placid Blue

I’ll be waiting for the invite to one of your barbecues[emoji41]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.