1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Official 2018 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Oh they WILL rub it in. After the next two games. I saw nothing today from the Vikings that shows me they have a chance against the Rams or the Eagles. It might be a dogfight with the Packers and Bears for the division at 9-7. Today's game showed me that Zimmer's defense is easy to fool. Pathetic performance by all.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  2. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

I wonder if The Vikings are just saving up their points for the next few games?

Cantbreak100guy likes this.
  3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

96326A70-83F1-4E3E-B59D-E9870A7B5870.jpeg

Toto'sDad and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

In MI I had to root for the Lions to pull off an improbable win, and they did. Especially glad to see they’ve got at least some semblance of of a running game. They actually played very well.

But the Patriots? I saw Brady make some decisions that reminded me of Favre in his last days with the Packers. I say this as a fan of Brady, but wondered if he’s finally lost his stuff?

lewis, Toto'sDad and Stringbanger like this.
  5. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Poster Extraordinaire

Stringbanger and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

BEARS! First winning record in 5 years, this is setting up nicely for them to not be a total doormat. Maybe...

7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

"I hear you Lonn, but soon we'll have to score on every possession since the D really ain't on the field..."

I've been saying this for years now. Just don't understand why they can't get it done.

william tele likes this.
  8. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

The Florida report:

Our perfect season is gone. :( The team that most would say is our best, the Jags, gets the blame.

Dolphins come from behind to get our hopes up - most likely to be dashed later on.

Tampa plays tonight - can they keep rollin?

Stubee likes this.
  9. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Agreed on both points, Brady was over rating his own arm, throwing into areas he couldn’t reach. Could it be that the lions have turned the corner? Stafford looked savvy and cool more than I’ve seen lately. The defense was patient and made the pats beat them instead of running around as fast as possible and giving up big plays.

Stubee likes this.
  10. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

The Texans are a lot worse than I could have imagined. Instead of two Superstar defensive ends who can't sack an aging quarterback, perhaps a couple above average guards would be helpful.

11. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

The Bear defense is playing great (Khalil Mack is a beast!).

You'd think the Offense would be much better than they are, considering how strong the running game is with Howard. Clearly, Mitch Trubisky has a long way to go to prove that he is a quality QB. The Bear passing game isn't much of a threat.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are above .500 at the end of the year.

12. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

awe,:cry: 49er's lost Raiders lost.well the home teams could be headed in to another one of their decade and a half visits to the NFL cellar . This is how it starts sports fans. well the 49ers did win 1 game, but then there is a lot of games to be played and lost before the end of the season.
    what are the odds on the super bowl being played by the 49ers and the Raiders?:confused:
    how or where can I find the odds on that? Somebody must have posted odds on a long shot like that happening?

13. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

$10 on that bet would make you a millionaire.

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Brady looked like Phil Mickelson at the tournament this weekend. No, I'm sorry, Brady even YOU didn't look that bad.

lewis likes this.
  15. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Matt Patrica pulled off the feat of beating the mentor, Bill Belichick - and I loved it!

schmee likes this.
  16. voodooblues

I can see several games this year setting up like yesterday where the defense has to bail out the offense. I know Trubisky is young but his inaccuracy is troubling. By the end of yesterday's game he wasn't coming close to some of those receivers. The good thing is that the defense is so good Trubisky won't have to carry the team on his back.

Pleasantly surprised so far, it's fun to be excited about the home team again.

17. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

are you worried about the Pats?

18. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Like my beloved Seahawks, it was great to the Lions line do some run blocking so the play action passes actually work. Stafford has always been a very good QB. Even the best can't complete passes with defensive players knocking the living crap out of them. It all starts with the O line.

teletimetx and schmee like this.
  19. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

All the best Bears teams had dominant defenses. Isn't that a rule, up there? :cool:

20. voodooblues

We've been hoping for years to have a decent offense and competent quarterback play. I'm happy with how they've bolstered the defense but for what they gave up to move up one spot to draft Trubisky they better be right. I'm not asking for the next Tom Brady, just competence would be nice.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.