Office Guitars?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Headless Axeman, Oct 17, 2019.

1. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

I’ve been thinking about bringing one of my nylon string guitars to the office. Maybe tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Holic

Um, my office is a recording studio and yes I keep some stuff here. I keep two classic amps, two guitars, a bass, and a couple of synths there, ready to go.

Bob

3. Dan R

Dan R Friend of Leo's

I had a boss, around the time I found TDPRI, who had his bass and cabinet set up at work. He played with some guys after work. I never tried to insert myself because they played metal. Not my thing. It's hard to believe that was circa 2000. I played his bass, and not very well, once or twice. He had a Music Man Stingray and an Ibanez. I played the Ibanez.

I had a guitar at work for a time, but I was involved in a conversation on the phone with the installation manager and he asks me, "Are you playing the guitar?" and that was awkward.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

One of the managers at a company I do consulting for has a classical guitar in his office which he plays every day near end of shift. He is good and no one complains. Interestingly one of the company owners sits two office away and has no issues with having a guitar in ones office.

5. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

The secret is to work from home ... Other than that, a small acoustic ...

6. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

I own my company and have guitars all over the place. Unfortunately, the daily work related stuff I do pretty much takes all my free time and the guitars just sit... I've even got a stage to play on...

7. 39martind18

39martind18 Tele-Meister

I have had in my "office" at various times, a Taylor 114E (most of the time), a Taylor 816ce, and, on occasion, my old Martin D18. Of course, my "office" was a music classroom!:p:D:lol:

8. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

TRied to several times, but boss always shot me down. It was never the volume that was the problem, it was the appearence to others that I was goofing off on company time. I only played a little while on lunch, but my old office didn't have a formal time for lunch so many saw me as a slacker and complained. Never saw the problem as we still had half of an office walking outside to smoke every hour for 10 minutes. They could slack off for 80 minutes every day, but my 20 minutes of playing was a problem?

Headless Axeman likes this.
  9. LudwigvonBirk

LudwigvonBirk Tele-Holic

I have a late 70’s Penco Strat-clone (righty, strung lefty), with has lived in my offices in 3 different very-different-climate states since about 1985. I run scales on it or practice heads whenever I take conference calls and I don’t have to instantly talk. Sometimes I play while on my bongo-board as a posture/balance exercise.

Btw, that guitar has a *great* neck and intonation, and I haven’t done anything to it ever since I bought it new. Whatever shop built it did quite a fine job.

10. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Holic

When I was in HS, my super-jock gym teacher (like, John-Hughes-teenage-movie-type gym teacher) kept a sweet leather-wrapped Tele in his office, a la Waylon Jennings. I was in awe... but he was such an obnoxious dickhead that I didn't bother to engage in conversation about it.

11. Chanan

Chanan Tele-Meister

My late father was an attorney at a pretty large firm. The guy in the office next to my dads had an acoustic or two in the wall that from what I remember my dad telling me, he played from time to time during the day. As a kid I thought that was super cool

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.