Obscure albums you stumbled onto that you still love today?

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Kneck & Kneck by Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins. It got a great review in my local newspaper about 30 years ago so I got it and love it. Lots of great guitar playing.

Yeah buddy! I really like that one too. Way under acknowledged.

Anothe favorite of mine, a really tremendous performance of great guitar pieces.

Paulo Bellinati - The Guitar Works of Garoto
terrible video:

Last edited:

Coffeemutt

Tele-Meister
171559a.webp

I posted a large version of the pic, because there is a lot going on with the cover!

I first heard this album when I about 13 or so, and was immediately captivated by the juxtaposition of Julie Christensen's sweet voice and the strangely creeping, but sincere singing of Chris D. I absolutely love Chris D.'s lyrics, and this album led me to go further back and check out The Flesh Eaters (his earlier band).

GAS Giant

Tele-Meister
An absolutely superb rock band from Iowa in the 90s that I never heard anything from again...the whole record is superb...much better writers than many of their contemporaries...probably poorly managed? Head Candy we hardly knew ye...

GAS Giant

Tele-Meister
Here's another one that mystifies me...these guys could write beautiful harmonies, played killer leads, great arrangements, and the singer could just kill it across a range of styles...an absolute powerhouse singer...I have no idea how they didn't get bigger...many, many excellent songs across several albums...highly recommended

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
Joe Henry.

Different albums many years apart but the production on both is stellar - deep full and wide. Good stuff.

Cheers,
Geoff

rz350

Friend of Leo's
I remember hearing this song thousands of times when I was a Junior in high school.....

Another excellent regional hit...silly, catchy band...lucky to have an older brother...the label must have liked em' too, hired Bob Ezrin at the peak of his renown, to do the record...numerous killer catchy songs

EsquireOK

Poster Extraordinaire
Quo: Spare Parts and Ma Kelly's. Their two best albums, IMO...but only real Quo heads know 'em (and usually don't like 'em).

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Not sure how obscure they are in their native Scotland, but I love Aereogramme’s last album, and also The Unwinding Hours’ first album.