NUX

Recalcitrant

Tele-Meister
strymon irid.jpg nux ss.jpg

By now I'm sure you have tried at least a couple of the lo-priced mini pedal klones from our friends across the waves, and perhaps use one or two frequently. I like Tone City's lean mean Mandragora OD.

Now NUX brings an assault on the higher-dollar price points. For example, I'm tempted by the NUX Solid Studio which is a direct attack on Stryomn's Iridium at less than half the price.

Any NUX users here who would care to comment on the brand in general? Thanks!

Last edited:

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My looper is NUX, Loopcore(?). It has a remote footswitch, tons upon tons of memory, USB interface, rhythm tracks like on an old Wurlitzer organ at Aunt Bessie's house, and solidly built. I could have got a more common model at a lower price, but the NUX seemed a better fit for my thought processes.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Nux the company makes a number of brands but Nux seems to be their upscale brand name. If you look around sometimes you can find the same or similar circuit being sold for less under a different brand name. Speaking of the Solid Studio, they do make, under other brands, a subset of it with fewer features at a lower price. These can be hard to nail down though because they often change brand names on them. Just look for similar features like IR loading and amp model types.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Don’t be afraid to try. Almost every circuit in a guitar pedal is a clone of some kind. And there is no bad time to buy a pedal. If you see one that looks like it might be fun, get it.
I have a rule that if I can go 3 weeks without buying a pedal I reward myself with a pedal. If I fail it just means I got one a few days sooner so…
Get one. Try it. If you love it, cool. If you hate it you can sell it on Reverb for more than list because there is no shortage of insanity on the buyer end of Reverb.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
I have a NUX chorus pedal. I tend not to use it as when I compare it with the built in chorus of my late 80's Peavey Stereo Studio Chorus 70 I feel dissappointed. I'm not a big chorus user, prior to getting an electric 12 I tended to use it with fast and shallow settings to give a 12 string effect. So it may satisfy what others are looking for.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The Solid Studio looks like a good piece of gear (looked up the specs/writeup)...but beyond the scope of what I am doing right now. I do have a Nux Horseman--great pedal.

kaludjerko

Tele-Meister
View attachment 907801 View attachment 907802

By now I'm sure you have tried at least a couple of the lo-priced mini pedal klones from our friends across the waves, and perhaps use one or two frequently. I like Tone City's lean mean Mandragora OD.

Now NUX brings an assault on the higher-dollar price points. For example, I'm tempted by the NUX Solid Studio which is a direct attack on Stryomn's Iridium at less than half the price.

Any NUX users here who would care to comment on the brand in general? Thanks!
If you look up the history, NUX solid studio was released almost one year before Strymon Iridium, so it is not fair to call it clone. One could even claim that Strymon cloned NUX in this instance.

Grandy

Tele-Holic
I've had the Solid Studio for a while now and it's ok. I haven't used that many similar products so I can't really compare. I don't think there are other products in the price range. It's simple. You get what you see. I like it for that and the price isn't bad either.

kaludjerko

Tele-Meister
I've had the Solid Studio for a while now and it's ok. I haven't used that many similar products so I can't really compare. I don't think there are other products in the price range. It's simple. You get what you see. I like it for that and the price isn't bad either.

Can one acctually load third party IR's to NUX Solid Studio?

hotraman

Tele-Afflicted
I own the NUX Solid Studio for a few years now. Its reliable and my sound guys like it. Its Digital and you can hear / tell the differences between all of the mic / cab / valve settings. Its one of my smaller boards.
The Nux was kicked off by my DSM Simplifier ( classic)
I needed two outputs for stereo. And its analog.
No deep editing. What you see is what you get.

Grandy

Tele-Holic
I really like the DSM Simplifier demos I've heard. But really for the first product like this, I thought I'd try the Solid Studio first and then upgrade if I feel the need. I've used the SS to record at home, haven't tried it in a live setting though.

We should remember that it wasn't that long ago when the Tech21 SansAmp was more or less the only option or using a DI box to go straight to the desk. When recording with a computer virtual gear is more flexible in most cases in my experience.

It's great to be able to choose now, isn't it?

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
I have been using a NUX wireless system for a couple of years now. I like it a bit better than my Xvive. The NUX has a cable sound setting. Only wireless system I have seen that has that feature.

richey88

Friend of Leo's
Don’t be afraid to try. Almost every circuit in a guitar pedal is a clone of some kind. And there is no bad time to buy a pedal. If you see one that looks like it might be fun, get it.
I have a rule that if I can go 3 weeks without buying a pedal I reward myself with a pedal. If I fail it just means I got one a few days sooner so…
Get one. Try it. If you love it, cool. If you hate it you can sell it on Reverb for more than list because there is no shortage of insanity on the buyer end of Reverb.

3 months for me (if I can go that long), but in a similar boat here :eek:)

Deebs3

Tele-Meister
I have the nux looper, B2 and BR5 wireless, and the Roctary, it's all good stuff, but I do have a strymon lex as well. They both sound quite different but still sound great, overall I would happily buy more nux.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
I've been on a Mosky Audio and Demon/DemonFX kick lately. My Demon Tube Screamer sounds great so I just ordered their King of Tone clone that I posted a thread asking about in this forum. I've also got a few Mosky pedals. Their Golden Horse, their Keeley C4 Compressor clone, and I've got their Ch-Vibe chorus/vibrato pedal on the way.

I don't have any Nux pedals currently but I've looked at them hundreds of times, I bet lol

richey88

Friend of Leo's
I've been on a Mosky Audio and Demon/DemonFX kick lately. My Demon Tube Screamer sounds great so I just ordered their King of Tone clone that I posted a thread asking about in this forum. I've also got a few Mosky pedals. Their Golden Horse, their Keeley C4 Compressor clone, and I've got their Ch-Vibe chorus/vibrato pedal on the way.

I don't have any Nux pedals currently but I've looked at them hundreds of times, I bet lol

I like the GH as well as the Mosky B Box, really good stuff, needa look into the Demon products.