NUX MP-2 Headphone amp

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
This thing is so cool. It is a micro modeling amp. The sounds are pretty nice and it has multiple IR selections. This is the best sounding mini headphone amp I've ever tried and I've tried quite a few. It can stream Bluetooth from your phone to jam to backing tracks (or to work out solo's to your original songs were recorded months ago...). It has multiple amps and effects. You can adjust the parameters of amps and effects from the app on your phone. You can also save presets. Rechargeable battery. This thing is worth the $70USD.

This video shows off the unit pretty well:

guildorf

TDPRI Member
I saw many nux reviews, along with those of competing products. I received my back-ordered Nux Mighty Plug yesterday. It was purchased for stress management, not the wide range of tones available by bluetooth. I needed to be able to sit down on a couch, and play good sounds at will, 24/7, without amps, cables, rolling chairs, misc gear distractions, the whole computer setup, without being noisy, and where the chance of any accidental damage was very minimal.

A fiddly piece of gear was not an option.

The reviews failed to point out that when using old guitar jacks, the nux unit may not
fit tight, and flop around according to gravity. as was my case. So after some tests,
I taped the unit at an angle where the guitar could rest without touching it,
headphone jack pointing up to my line of sight when looking at it, with the main control button still visible, and easy to change the sounds, yet not protruding far from the guitar body, so little chance of any odd bumpage is possible. Peace on earth!

The 4 amp sounds and 4 bass mode sounds available without bluetooth are great for what I need, and 3 of the 4 bass mode amps can be alternates for the nice acoustic amp,
if your pickups and tone controls are suitable.

For those who notice personal peace and health are subtly being eroded by managing huge inventories of gear and options, the Nux will be an excellent $70 purchase,
however you choose to use it. I can enter my home, and in 15 unhurried seconds,
enjoy making music.
Cheers

Last edited:

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
I got my Nux Mighty Plug this afternoon and been fiddlin' with it for hours. it's freakin' good!:cool:

there's an official firmware update out since September 2021. installed that.

also, there's an open source IR loader on github and an alternative app by a guy called Tuntori.
Nux/Cherub don't seem to mind.
see. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ghty-plug-headphone-interface.2119324/page-23

There are still many things to explore but right now I'm exhausted. :)

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
I have a Fender Mustang and it's so so

How does the Nux compare to this??
The Nux won me over because its tweak ability, seemed more flexible and a cheaper price.
the firmware update and open source 3rd party software added so much more to the + side.
note, I've never tried a Fender plug.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The Nux won me over because its tweak ability, seemed more flexible and a cheaper price.
the firmware update and open source 3rd party software added so much more to the + side.
note, I've never tried a Fender plug.

TY!!