1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NUX MG-300 using modes

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Craig Williams, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

Recently got one of these little boxes and set it up at my computer with headphones using Studio mode. When I plugged it into the front of my Super Reverb I changed it back to amp front connection mode and it sounded pretty trebly and tinny. Not like what it sounded through the headphones. If I plan to use it on a standard front connect amp should I have set it up with headphones using the front amp mode? I guess it would be easier to set it up using the amp itself I guess but a bit awkward to do all this using the computer.

2. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

Try it both ways and select whichever sounds best. Some multiFX units sound better going into an amp with their cabsims left turned on.

3. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

This is not about a cab sim, and I am not using cab sims anyway. There is an output mode on this ME you can select the output to be Studio direct, Combo Front, Combo Eff loop, Stack Front etc.

I assume the output sound / signal is shaped for

Studio direct.... for direct recording or sound to PA computer
    Combo front..... older amp with no eff loop
    Combo back.......amp with effects loops

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.