NUX Core Loop Deluxe

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Ash Telecaster, May 29, 2020.

1. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Hi all,

If you are like me you frequent more than one forum. I wanted to share my experiences for the sake of others as I had trouble finding useful information on this thing. So you may see versions of this post elsewhere.

I just got one of these. It seemed the right tool for the job. I want to create loops on my PC and play them back as desired on my busking board.

This box will store 99 loops and up to 8 hour of audio. It also comes with a separate 2 button pedal for scrolling through the loops.

It still seems like a workable solution but I have been through a lot of pain with this thing out of the gate and if I was to do this over I would have bought something else to avoid the aggravation.

1. The supplied foot switch doesn't work. I also tested with a Boss fs6 which also didn't work so its not likely the foot switch. BTW there are three modes the foot switch can operate in, latch, open, and close but nowhere is it documented which should be used.

2. I tried to update the firmware hoping it would fix the foot switch issue. Nowhere a person would naturally look, manual, support site, forums, is the process documented and it differs from the standard core loop. I finally found the process described after lots and lots of searching in a press release. So I download the latest firmware, get the pedal in the "UP" mode, and it returns an e1 error. What does that mean? It is impossible to say. Nowhere is it documented. The firmware is named after the device "NUX Loop Core Deluxe Firmware V2.2.bin" so it would be hard to use the wrong file. For the record, you use a USB cable to copy the bin file to the device, then you hold down the foot switch, save, and stop buttons at the same time while pushing a cable into the "to amp" or "to mixer" outputs to put it into "UP" which is the update mode. Then you hit the foot switch again to start the update.

3. I try to upload a wav file following the documented procedure and of course it doesn't work. It turns out you have to download a converter app from the web site and use exactly the right parameters, 24 bit, 44.1k, and stereo to get a file it will recognize. I figured it out but honestly I was already so frustrated at this point that this was just another freaking pain in the butt thing. Too bad they didn't care enough about their customers to properly document this process and spare their customers the grief. Additionally the file system was corrupt out of the box and I had to reformat even to use it.

The pedal promises a lot for a reasonable dollar and I would love it if only it worked as advertised out of the box and had good instructions. I hope to eventually have the problems ironed out.

I have emailed NUX (Cherub) with my complaints just this morning and waiting on their reply.

Thanks

2. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Update: I was just about to box it up and return it and for some reason decided to try it one more time... Oddly the foot switch worked. I was skeptical and at this point I was already planning on buying a Boss rc-3, but it worked consistently. Playing around with it I came to realize that the ctrl jack is sketchy. I can jiggle it and get it to fail but I can reboot and it comes back.

Not certain if I'm keeping it at this point. I haven't decided. I have to doubt the Boss pedal would be indestructible.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.