NUSSAD Roland DAC15D

allesz

Tele-Holic
New used solid state amp day for me today.

Nothig special, I just found a hole in my amp arsenal: a decent litte solid state amp with line out. For little jams, gigs and stages, where space Is so crammed that even putting a mike in front of the guitar amp gets uneasy.

I started browsing (more) our local craigslist... Almost bought a Marshall Lead Reverb 30 :( just too big for the purpose; but a great amp at a great price. Lead 12's were more expensive...

Then, for just 95 dolleuropounds I got this Roland dac 15d delivered and, after some pot cleaning (with a dedicated tuner pot cleaner), I think it Is really nice.

It has built in chorus, delay and flanger, and they are good like three regular Boss pedals would.

The drive control Is quite strange: It seems to add a classic DS1 (Boss again) in parallel with the normal volume; this may be incorrect because, with the normal volume at zero, and distortion at max, the amp is silent... Just the two "gains" interact in a strange way... BUT cleans are really a wonderful little example of Roland cleans. I lost quite some time on the neck pickup, playing super clean, and chorus and delay were a perfect bonus. The last JC I played was at least 5 years ago, but It seems in that area, tonewise.

I got the 1x8 version; there Is the DAC15XD with 4x4 speakers and a bigger cab (and the DAC 50XD with 4x6 and 50 watts!), but I like 8's and was suspicious about 4's, having no chance to listen first.

It's a good day: nice amp, no regrets, GAS monkey didn't cost too much... I need to find me a small gig on a small stage :cool:

allesz

Tele-Holic
I found the perfect match in my overdrive stash.
I bet they will go toghether well, not tried It yet: I just had the urge to post this orange nightmare from Japan.

IMG_20220415_180610~2.jpg

Lolbenis69

NEW MEMBER!
Only made an account to reply to this thread, but man I love this amp. If I could get the preamp of this in a pedal I think I'd be sorted. It's almost like a low gain fuzz at times, and even better when you put a fuzz into it and the whole thing sort of dies. Even better, I managed to find mine for like 8 euro, granted that mine has no effects, but thats not bad

allesz

Tele-Holic
Hey sorry, I didn't notice your replay.
Glad you subscribed, it's a great forum.

The more I use it the more I dig the preamp, you can get lot of shades of gain (but not metal) and still a lot of dynamics from picking and volume variations.

I put on a warehouse gc8, the eq now works better (the stock speaker Is very bright, It gets nasty icepick really easy).

And It got louder, see magnets for comparison.

Btw, I plan to try the line out to drive a tube amp.
IMG_20220507_124910.jpg
IMG_20220507_124925.jpg
IMG_20220507_124830.jpg