1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NUGD Agile Tele style

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by vangoghsear, Apr 24, 2016.

1. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

Hanging right next to a MIM Tele, both about the same age 2010 or so. Don't wish to offend the MIM players, but in this case, this one was nicer. The guy that sold the Agile to me said the guy he bought them from had bought them both played them a couple times and stuck them in his closet.

It has a fantastic rock maple neck, low action, and some of the best fretwork I've ever seen on a production guitar. Came with a Road Runner soft sided case. The guitar has great fit and finish and really clean pickups, a little harsh, maybe ceramic, but no hiss, except 60 cycle hum and that's not too bad. Nice comfortable weight 7.4 lbs (I own a Fender Black and Gold Tele that's nicer than this, but weighs 4 lbs more).

[​IMG]

HTSMetal likes this.
  2. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Nice looking guitar. The fact that it speaks to you makes it even nicer.

vangoghsear likes this.
  3. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice! I have a bunch of MIM Teles and am not the least offended, rather happy that you found a T-style that you bond with. Seems like many on this forum have a bunch of different guitars (can't help it!). I have an Epi and Ibanez I really like too. Keep pickin' and grinnin'.

vangoghsear likes this.
  4. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

I tried it last week at my church gig. It performed great. Very little noise when not being played (the electrical system there is rough on single row coils). I had plenty of volume on tap and the Tele tone of the guitar fits real nicely into the overall mix of bass, keyboards, drums, vocals and the Tele.

I did a little comparison with my USA Fender black and Gold (B&G). I happen to have one of the few B&Gs that is not microphonic. My Fender's pickups actually sound really good and the B&G works great as a Tele. The Agile tone is not quite as bright as the B&G, I like that, although the B&G tone is very musical and not harsh. The B&G is a lot heavier than the Agile. Both sustain pretty good. The feel of the Fender is amazing, if it wasn't so heavy it would be a great guitar to play. The feel of the Agile is not bad at all.

Still liking the Agile a lot. If you come across one, you should do yourself a favor and try it out.

The guy I bought it from said he would pull the existing 'Mother-of-Toiletseat' pickguard and replace it with a black one. What do you guys think, should I keep the existing pickguard or replace it with black? I'm undecided.

5. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Single ply black with only 5 screws would rule. Sweet axe! HNGD!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.