1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NU-X Pedals

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Talacaster, Mar 2, 2013.

1. himay

himay TDPRI Member

Thanks

Just saw your reply after I got it to work. Fun stuff.

2. himay

himay TDPRI Member

By the way, it looks like Donner are re-badgeing some of these in their new pedal line. Eternal Bind delay looks pretty much identical to the Time Core. Even the description rips off the same copy. I wonder if it's made any better or has features added?

3. denisk

denisk TDPRI Member

I finally measured current draw on my pedalboard so if anyone is interested

loop core draws between 60-70 mA and
    time core around 146 mA.

also
    joyo vintage OD draws 6.3 mA
    joyo 6 band EQ 15mA
    boss TU12-H 20mA

himay likes this.
  4. Quadzilla4425

Quadzilla4425 NEW MEMBER!

Morning and I just wanted to say thank you for this post. I'm just getting back into pedals after several years. I bought my Pedal Power thinking all would be fine but while waiting for the thing to arrive I noticed my Nux Time Core says it requires a 100 Ma AC adaptor....that being said and based on your findings I guess I'll plug mine into the 500 Ma port.

You didn't happen to test the Nux Mod Core did you? as I know my wife is getting me that for my birthday.

5. denisk

denisk TDPRI Member

No, I tested all that I own. all 4 of them :)
    I have nux power adapter, 1000mA+daisy chain power cable and wanted to make sure not to fry it if I plug all the pedals at once.
    BTW, the adapter is great, cheap and dead silent.

6. AlaxyGalaxy

AlaxyGalaxy NEW MEMBER!

Can anyone confirm if you can get 100% wet signal with the NUX Time Core? Are the repeats fairly Hi-Fi? Also, do the stereo channels stay separate with the Digital Delay setting?

I want to use one as a sync delay in a stereo setup.

Thanks.

7. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

My buddy had this and it the LED display crapped out even with minimal use! STAY AWAY from these cheap @s$ pedal! Don't even bother and just save up your cash and purchase from a more reputable brand!

8. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

Well there's some solid anecdotal info. :rolleyes:

9. Marcelo R

Marcelo R Tele-Afflicted

Hello. I've bought the Nux Time-Core last week, in order to have a delay pedal for rehearsal purposes. It was at a good price, and I have no complains about the sound, but... I noticed that there's a little lack of gain and general volume when I use it. In other words, the pedal seem to "suck" a certain amount of signal from the guitar - yes, I've tried it carefully, by testing the thing with different guitars and cables. Still, I have not replaced the cheap battery that was included with the pedal - this would be my next move, but I'm not sure if this would help.

So, this seems to be the right place to ask: does anybody else have had some similar experience with this pedal? Is there any solution?

Best regards.

10. shakerAU

shakerAU TDPRI Member

Does anyone think the NUX Delay sucks the guitar tone at all?
    I think it does but I'd like to read other opinions...

11. Felino

Felino Tele-Meister

I have Nux Time Core. Not use it much, regarding delay pedals I also have Boss DD-2 clone which I like, and an analog delay. Can't remember exactly, but I think it lowers the volume when engaged. I might try Nux today and let you know about volume/tone issues. Though it has some nice features, I'm not trilled with the tone, overall.

I have an annoying problem with the pedal (Nux Time Core). The tip of one of the output socket is a bit more outwards than it should be. So, Fender CS cable, which has bolder jack tips, works fine, while other cables don't work. At first, I was convinced that pedal doesn't work at all, untill I tried it with Fender cable. Pedal has two outputs, so I can use another, but still.

12. shakerAU

shakerAU TDPRI Member

Answer to my own question, the Nux Time Core sucks your tone big time!!!!

I recently did two gigs using the Nux and had a horrible tinny tone particularly on the lower strings, no twang or definition, last night I swapped out the Nux for an Ibanez mini analog delay and bazinga my familiar warm tone was back!!

13. myteleguitar

myteleguitar TDPRI Member

I'm using Nux Time Core Delay more than a year and still great till now. Its a great pedal.

14. InAbsentia

InAbsentia TDPRI Member

The NUX chorus is awesome, super lush analog chorus that I paid I think like $18 for? Love it! The mod core is okay. I like the rotary sounds and the trem, but I might kick it off the board it is on to try some others in it's place, soon.

richey88 likes this.
  15. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Afflicted

I have the Mod Core, also a Behringer RV600, Boss SD-1 and some EHX (Switchblade, Holy Grail Plus and Soul Food). Guess which failed the first??? No, not Nux, but... Holy Grail Plus. So NAME isn't obligatory = QUALITY. Out of warranty, but finally managed to repair it with a great electrician from here.
    All over, very happy with anything Nux has to offer, (even the cheap RV600 sounds pretty good), so I won't stay away from cheap pedals. I just call it chance. And for that amount of money, doesn't matter. It matters for a boutique pedal, not for theese...

16. hipolito

hipolito TDPRI Member

I had a Holy Grail and Died suddenly one year ago. I m interested in the time core or tape core, but I m afraid

17. himay

himay TDPRI Member

Donner runs cheap deals on the "Yellow Fall" delay pedal which is dead simple and sounds great. I had some points and got it on sale for like $15.
    I've had a Nu-X loop core for five+ years. It's great and I've never had any complaints about quality.

18. swampash

swampash TDPRI Member

I am a fan of the budget pedals and own a Joyo Analog Delay, Biyang and Caline. I did try the NUX Steel Stringer Singer pedal which is a Dumble in a box clone. Sounded awesome with my Strat for single coils. That being said the build quality was low. The knobs looked cool just like the amp its emulating but made of flimsy plastic and so crappy its was shocking. Plastic garbage pots and shafts. Too bad sounded good! I returned it.

Frontier9 likes this.
  19. Frontier9

Frontier9 Friend of Leo's

The stomp switch is crapola, too. It failed within 3 days on mine. Or it kinda did... I ended up fixing it when I realized that it still worked when the boards were out of the enclosure. The switch is so flimsy that you can see the metal case flex when you push the switch down (!). The switch is on a separate board that gets screwed down to the case. If the inner nut on the switch is not against the inside of the enclosure, (which is how it was on my pedal) the switch gets pulled up bit when the outer nut is tightened, distorting the switch body and setting it up to fail down the road. Once I carefully repositioned the inner nut to touch the inside of the enclosure it worked again. But I certainly don't trust it to work faithfully from now on! Which is too bad because I really like the way it sounds. It sounds like a Tube Screamer with less of a mid hump and to my ears that hump seems to be tuned to 1KHz instead of 700K.

As far as the ridiculous pots are concerned, I'll be replacing them with panel mounted ones and I hope I can find a suitable stomp switch for it. I like it enough to spend time fixing it.

20. swampash

swampash TDPRI Member

Frontier9- you are referring to the NUX Steel String Singer ? or another NUX pedal? If the build quality was similar to Caline or Joyo I would have never returned it. Its somewhat similar to the Vertex Dumble clone I understand. I never played a Dumble so what do I know...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.