NTD: You can't take a picture of a feeling

Brent Hutto

Tele-Holic
BTW, it has set of 9's on it :cool: (for those who missed my other recent thread).

IMG_2177.jpg

After shopping my way through quite a few Telecasters (and a couple of Strats) in the local dealers I found one that I didn't want to put down. Not being one for ginormous (by my budget) impulse purchases I forced myself to do just that. I hung it back on the wall, pondered overnight, returned when the store opened the next morning. The second time I *really* didn't want to put it down. So I didn't.

Whoever spec'd out the MiM Player Tele necks a good few years ago must have had hands like mine as the target demographic, so to speak. I demo'd guitars with narrower necks, wider necks, flatter necks, thinner necks, vintage frets, super-jumbo frets. Some of them were pretty nice to play (hint, not the vintage fret ones) but the only kind I couldn't put down were Player Telecasters.

It's always kind of odd to post a New Guitar Day (New Tele Day) for a standard, factory model guitar exactly like a million others. But you'll have to take my word for it, even if the picture can't show you, this one is a really, really nice standard, factory model Telecaster and it feels just perfect to play.

P.S. My wife has named it for me. Black Beauty.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
BTW, it has set of 9's on it :cool: (for those who missed my other recent thread).

View attachment 1023560

After shopping my way through quite a few Telecasters (and a couple of Strats) in the local dealers I found one that I didn't want to put down. Not being one for ginormous (by my budget) impulse purchases I forced myself to do just that. I hung it back on the wall, pondered overnight, returned when the store opened the next morning. The second time I *really* didn't want to put it down. So I didn't.

Whoever spec'd out the MiM Player Tele necks a good few years ago must have had hands like mine as the target demographic, so to speak. I demo'd guitars with narrower necks, wider necks, flatter necks, thinner necks, vintage frets, super-jumbo frets. Some of them were pretty nice to play (hint, not the vintage fret ones) but the only kind I couldn't put down were Player Telecasters.

It's always kind of odd to post a New Guitar Day (New Tele Day) for a standard, factory model guitar exactly like a million others. But you'll have to take my word for it, even if the picture can't show you, this one is a really, really nice standard, factory model Telecaster and it feels just perfect to play.

P.S. My wife has named it for me. Black Beauty.
Maybe you can't take a picture of a feeling.....but you CAN write a song. ;)

Brent Hutto

Tele-Holic
Congrats. Maple on black is classic.
This particular neck seems to be a bit lighter shade than some I've seen, which works very well with the black.

I was initially disappointed they didn't have a more interesting color (this dealer has just black or the dark burst) but in reality I can't think of any shade of green or blue or red that would be as striking looking. Then I happened to find that Franklin strap which is perfect, too.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Yes, absolute beautiful color combination.
Having the perfect neck is a huge bonus.
Anything else can be easily replaced if it were necessary.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
This particular neck seems to be a bit lighter shade than some I've seen, which works very well with the black.

I was initially disappointed they didn't have a more interesting color (this dealer has just black or the dark burst) but in reality I can't think of any shade of green or blue or red that would be as striking looking. Then I happened to find that Franklin strap which is perfect, too.
All black is classy, a classic look