NTD: DeWalt 60V Worm Drive 'Style' Circular Saw

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by Axis29, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

This is the deal, I liked: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q9XZ4VN/?tag=tdpri-20

I've been eying these for quite a while now. When I came across this deal on a "Renewed' model, with a charger and battery, I hopped on it.

When I stopped doing full time remodeling, I sold off all my DeWalt battery stuff, my Hilti stuff, etc. I've been a Ridgid shop for a few years now. But, when this saw hit the market, I got kinda excited. I've not used a ton of battery operated circular saw. But, the ones I have tried, I really didn't like. No power, and that sidewinder ergonomics....

But, I saw a couple of demos on this saw, versus a corded Skillsaw and the DeWalt cut faster and easier. Ever since then, my mouth has been watering. Well, it got here this afternoon. Lemme tell ya, this thing cuts like a hot knife through butter! Even with the stock DeWalt blade. I just ripped through a couple of pieces of old 3/4 cabinet plywood... But, it was well balanced, the depth control gauge was actually correct, the power was amazing!

I left my old Ridgid corded wormdrive back in Virginia with my son (not on purpose, but shipping just didn't seem worth it). That saw saw me through ten plus years and made me a pile of money, without ever giving me a hitch. I loved it. But, one thing I hate doing is relying on the dude who happens to have the key to the panel saw at the box store.... So, a battery operated saw has been on my want list for a while.

Color me super impressed with this saw. I wholeheartedly support and recommend this bad boy!

Now, I just got close on the new house, start the new shop, so I have lots of stuff to start cutting with it!

drf64 likes this.
  2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

I've bought in to the DeWalt line of battery yard tools and have been very impressed with them.
    Good luck with yours.

Axis29 likes this.
  3. Axis29

We've been living with our daughter and son-in-law for a number of months now and I've watched him use his DeWalt battery operated line trimmer and really been impressed!

I've always been a DeWalt fan, used the 18 Volt stuff for years. I still have an Italian made 8 1/2" sliding compound Miter saw that may be the lat tool they pry from my cold dead fingers. LOL . So, I am a bit of a fanboi. But, this new one has truly impressed the crap outta me!

4. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Holic

Good Luck with your new saw. It looks like a very nice one :).

It looks like your new saw's ergonomics would suit me just right, too..

I'm an old Skil worm drive guy myself. I still have one that I bought around 1978. It's on it's second set of brushes and had it's gear case oil changed a couple or three times, but it still runs great and is just as accurate as I adjust it.

My only experience with a battery saw was with an early Makita model that I bought around 1985 that has a 10.8 volt battery that's as big as a brick and holds a charge about as long as brick would. I bought the saw for a huge cedar shake roof that had a ton of hips and valleys that needed cutting. It didn't do too bad on the shakes, but struggled with anything bigger than 2X4's. It was nice not being tied to a cord though!

I hope this post is somewhat accurate and makes sense; I just got out of the hospital a couple of hours ago. My old gall bladder crapped out on me Monday night and I had it hacked out yesterday afternoon. What a relief!!! The surgeon had a good plan, was good with his tools, and had his mind on the job; the same quality's that I respect in my co-workers. I'll be back in the shop tomorrow ;)!!!

Best Regards,
    Geo.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  5. Axis29

Thanks Geo! Good luck, sans gall bladder! I'm recovering from a total knee replacement, so I get the slightly medicated postings! LOL

Yes, your post made perfect sense and lines up with my experiences... Still loving this bad boy!

old wrench likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.