1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NTD - DeWalt 6 gallon pancake compressor

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by rdwhitti, Feb 8, 2019.

1. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

AAB687A3-E586-42C9-9544-859562238C7A.jpeg I don’t have a lot of need for a compressor but I do want to use brad nails for some woodworking projects, at least to hold things in place until I can get them clamped. I didn’t want to spend a lot but since it is my first compressor I still agonized over what to get. I ended up getting the DeWalt kit with the hose and brad nailer and think I will be pleased with it. It is noisier than some but much quieter than the loudest. It filled fairly quickly in about 3 minutes and kicked off, then would turn on as needed to refill the tank. The hose is a nice hybrid material that is soft and pliable, much nicer than I expected. I have not used the nail gun yet but it looks solidly built. The compressor seems solid too and not flimsy like some. I guess time will tell.

2. RedHills

RedHills Tele-Meister

I've got a lot of DeWalt stuff...can't think of anything I haven't been pleased with.

3. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

The only other DeWat tool that I have is a little DW745 table saw. I have been very impressed with it so far. It jerks on startup (no soft start) but is very smooth cutting. I just need to build an outfeed table for it.

4. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have been very satisfied with DeWalt tools, I think you’ll be happy with your new compressor.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.