NTD - DeWalt 6 gallon pancake compressor

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by rdwhitti, Feb 8, 2019.

1. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

AAB687A3-E586-42C9-9544-859562238C7A.jpeg I don’t have a lot of need for a compressor but I do want to use brad nails for some woodworking projects, at least to hold things in place until I can get them clamped. I didn’t want to spend a lot but since it is my first compressor I still agonized over what to get. I ended up getting the DeWalt kit with the hose and brad nailer and think I will be pleased with it. It is noisier than some but much quieter than the loudest. It filled fairly quickly in about 3 minutes and kicked off, then would turn on as needed to refill the tank. The hose is a nice hybrid material that is soft and pliable, much nicer than I expected. I have not used the nail gun yet but it looks solidly built. The compressor seems solid too and not flimsy like some. I guess time will tell.

2. RedHills

RedHills Tele-Meister

I've got a lot of DeWalt stuff...can't think of anything I haven't been pleased with.

3. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

The only other DeWat tool that I have is a little DW745 table saw. I have been very impressed with it so far. It jerks on startup (no soft start) but is very smooth cutting. I just need to build an outfeed table for it.

4. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have been very satisfied with DeWalt tools, I think you’ll be happy with your new compressor.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.