NTD - Blonde Deluxe Nashville!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by stevexc, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I'd agree with that; it quickly became my yardstick for Tele necks - many others are too much of a handful for my small & thick-ish hands =]

I don't think anyone would argue that the 3-barrels intonate better; 6 individual saddles keeps the inherent errors and tolerances isolated to that one string, whereas the 3-barrels share that.
    Having said that, well-planned and executed compensated saddles can be a wonder.
    And there's something very... positive might be the right word; very positive about the connection of strings to hardware & body, being as each saddle is being held down by the down-bearing pressure of 2 strings each.

... truthfully, the good ol' Waylon-caster I made years ago has featured a 6-hammer bridge for about as long as I can remember - as soon as I found one, I realized /THAT/ is what he used on his performance instruments. And it's been great on there.
    Skip forward 3 or so decades to my acquiring my first genuine Teles - Deluxe Nashville and Kotzen (I refused to choose between them).
    The Nashville of course starts with the 6-hammer... and that was a selling point for me.
    Then I worked it a bit, and found the high-e string saddle lowering itself.
    I know there are solutions, like thread locker/'stiffener' and similar methods etc... but I decided I wanted to try a compensated 3-barrel. I chose the Barden.
    The improvement was immediate; something about that bridge unit really helped bring out more of the best of my particular Nashville (which I unboxed brand new at my local retailer and put on hold immediately).
    No regrets. Heck, put another Barden bridge onto my Highway One Texas Tele too.

They are an example of well-chosen compensation which works very well to bring in the intonation on my instruments, and many others have felt the same way.

/verbose

=]

2. Twang Man

Twang Man Tele-Holic

sexxxxy!

3. stevexc

stevexc TDPRI Member

I can see that being my situation - as much as I prefer 6-saddle bridges, I've heard that this one is not the greatest quality... and it's just easier (and more Tele-er ;)) to find a compatible 3-saddle. Just gotta find the right one!

4. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That's the shiznit right there!! Happy NGD!

5. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

While many like 6 saddles I am firmly in the 3 saddle camp. When I switched my Nashville Deluxe to 3 brass saddles the increase in snap and twang was very noticeable. You have twice as much down pressure on each saddle.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

This is 2006 Nashville Deluxe that got converted that way. It also has a set of CS Nocaster pickups so it became the "Nashcaster".

This my number one player and primarily because of the neck profile.

Attached Files:

7. jtelecaster62

jtelecaster62 Tele-Meister

Nice!

8. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

What's really scary is I just looked at my own neckplate and the same face was staring back at me. :eek:

9. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I noted that a James Burton Standard (Mexi one) Tele using that same bridge lowered the saddle when I test-drove it too.

I think you're right of course; you'll want to find the right one if you decide to change it... and there are lots of choices, too.

10. TheBoss1983

TheBoss1983 Tele-Meister

A very nice Telecaster you have! :)
    I firts tought it was a 52 Vintage model...

Keep havin' fun with it!

11. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Congratulations, it's a beeeeeeeeeeeeauty !!

I have an '06 Amber one myself. Left the 5 way stock Strat-O-Tone, and installed a p/p tone pot as a Neck On.

7 way !!

Also 10's and a 3 brass saddle bridge.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've got four of these honey blonde MIM Deluxe Nashvilles.

I wouldn't mind a Gotoh modern bridge with six block saddles, but I for sure could never get good function out of these vintage sized 6 "hammer" saddle bridges. Not just the way they work in the 45 minutes after you first spent an hour setting the bridge up, but in how quickly pieces started rearranging themselves. I just could not stand the rattling and the screws moving around and backing out as I played - and then the saddles topple over. I tried patiently but the saddles eventually topple and strings stop working - I can't afford a guitar tech triaging the guitar after every two songs.

All four now have vintage 3 barrel Fender plates, but with aftermarket compensated saddles.

I tried the Callaham on there and it was super nice - but I had another project and that's where the Callaham was supposed to go and it is perfect there:

[​IMG]

13. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Friend of Leo's

^ I like the black cover change on the middle pup, boris.

14. mikeroberts30

mikeroberts30 TDPRI Member

Very nice! I got mine a few weeks ago. I changed out the pickguard and strat pup cover for black ones. And just today I put a 52ri bridge with C&J 5/16 stainless steel saddles. I think the texmex pups sound really good. The only other mod I want to is add a push pull for neck pup on. I'd like to get at the very least another Nashville body too try out all sorts of weird pup combos.

Attached Files:

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Thanks. I bought a pack of 3 covers and that handled the first 3 of them.

Then I got two matched Seymour SSL-1s with black covers and made that one more of a hardtail Strat sounding player.

The white, seems like the perpetuation of someone's cutting corners.

Of course next the tortoiseshell went away on some, replaced with gloss BWB pickguards. I think only 1 is still tort, and the other tort guards, one is on a black converted 3 pickup American Series Tele. Like this:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.