NSD!

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Mark the Moose, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Holic

New speaker day! Last year I built a 5f11 tweed vibrolux with an oversized cabinet. I put in a tone Tubby silver bullet, which is very nice but I always wanted a little more extension to the top end response and the bass was a little overbearing. Tonight I dropped in an eminence 1028k and got everything I wanted. Tone control came down from 10 to 6, cutting some of the nasal quality of the amp but leaving the high end articulation intact. Bass response is still firm. It’s also significantly louder. Looking forward to getting this thing broken in.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

I sold my 5f11 cabinet to a guy a while back, still have the chassis & C-Rex. I'll admit that after the cabinet was gone, I ran it through my 10" Ragin Cajun -- it sounded incredible. When I build another cabinet for it, I may be putting a 10" in there this time.

3. Mark the Moose

I’ve had good luck with 10’s. Would also like to try a WGS g10c and a Weber 10a100t...money money money

4. mjcyates

mjcyates Tele-Meister

WGS G10C is awesome! IMHO

5. jsnwhite619

Are Warehouse speakers selling for what they list them? I got a Black Friday email, and they had list price on those at over $150 I think! Even the Veteran 10 & G12Q was triple digits list price. I paid $41 & $49 for those from WGS maybe 5 years ago. I like them, but not that much.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

6. Mark the Moose

Wow, never seen them that high. The vet 10 is still $50, I think all the ceramics run around 70-90.

7. mjcyates

mjcyates Tele-Meister

G10C is 89.99

8. jsnwhite619

Looks like they just use a high list price these days and still sell for regular prices. [​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.