NSD: Japanese Squier SQ

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
$120. This one has seen some love, but plays great and sounds even better. Frets look like hell, but sound much better than they look. Light and resonant.

I have an SQ already that I LOVE, so seeing another one, I was pretty sure I would take it no matter what.

Fretboard has serious dirt on it.

More pics soon. These are just the Craigslist pics.

Last edited:

flyswatter

Friend of Leo's
For $120 this is a steal, dirt or no dirt. For around 20 bucks you can get a Fender kit with knobs, pickup covers and back plate that'd spruce her right up.

Lunchie

Poster Extraordinaire
Sweet! Ive got 2, one is a real player and my favorite strat Ive ever played. Thats a helluva steal, I paid 300 and 250 for mine and thought I got a bargain.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Cool guitar congrats.

I got my hands today on a neck of a 1990 Squier that needs some TLC but I'm sure I'll give it a good home.

Speaking of Squier necks, take a look at the logo and compare "Squire" with what it actually says.
Serialnumber_zpsdee0d54f.jpg

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yeah, sorry. That was autocorrect, not me, I promise.

I think it may have tele bridge pups in the neck and bridge. Can't wait to take it apart and look inside!

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Took off the neck. Date is 10-15-83.

Looked under the pickguard. The bridge and neck pups are Schecters. They look like a standard strat pup cover would not fit over them (probably why they were painted white).