1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by FosterF, Jan 8, 2012.

1. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I just "won" a used Boss DD-5 off of eBay today! I've always wanted one so i decided to go ahead and get one as a late christmas present to myself. I've heard great things about this pedal so I'm super excited about using it. I'm getting it mostly for the dotted 1/8 note delay.
    I also ordered the parts to build a tap-tempo box to use with it. Now I just have to clear some space on my board somewhere...
    -Foster

2. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

The tap tempo is great, reverse delay is also real cool.

3. JoshuaCLS

JoshuaCLS Tele-Afflicted

nice! how much did you score it for?

4. bawdyli'lmonkey

bawdyli'lmonkey Tele-Holic

Nice to hear somebody excited about that one! Several years ago I read a ton of reviews on it, and so many were like, "I'd rather go back to a DD-3 or DOD delay and save up for something better than the DD-5..." :\

Hope you enjoy it!

5. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I ended up getting it for $100. From the looks of it I got a decent deal, nothing amazing but nothing horrible either.

6. jeremypodom

jeremypodom Tele-Afflicted

I've got two dd-5's on my board that I got off ebay for that exact price too! Well.... one was $99.99 ;) but really they're good little pedals. I've never had a single complaint against them. I got the JHS analog tone mod off mine but if I could go back I'd probably just keep the $80 I spent on that. They sound good as is.

7. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

It just came in the mail and I've been playing around with and so far I love it! I've mostly just kept it on the dotted eighth note setting but I messed with the others a little as well. But for my board it os definitely staying on the dotted eighth setting! It's going to compliment my DL4 perfectly! The DL4's weak spot is definitely dotted eighths
    -Foster

8. jeremypodom

jeremypodom Tele-Afflicted

Cool! If you want to use an external tap tempo, there's a super easy way to make them for dirt cheap. Don't shell out for Boss's "official" one. I made a tap tempo that control's both my DD-5's and has an extra jack for a third pedal as well, should I ever need it.

9. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I'm actually working on building one right now! :p I had the Hammond 1590LB and the switch and jack on my work bench so I'm gonna paint it white with blue racing stripes to match the pedal :p
    Should be nice! But for now I'm using a keyboard sustain pedal hah

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.