NPD x 2

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Snagged these two pedals this week. First up is the Greer Lightspeed, a pedal that likely needs no introduction here. I've been running it as an always on pedal and, man, has it been impressive. I've heard and read a lot about how touch and volume sensitive this pedal is and how it doesn't mask your guitar or amp and I can confirm it does all of this beautifully. It's just luscious, articulate low to medium.gain goodness. There is not a single turn of the knob that doesn't yield something usable. This pedal has totally changed my perception of stompboxes.

I liked the Lightspeed so much that I had to try the Tomahawk, Greer's tweed flavored pedal. Again, touch sensitivity, dynamics in spades. The pedal can do the tweed Deluxe thing from Larry Carlton, to Mike Campbell, and Neil Young and just about everything in between. It feels amazing. A cool thing is that you can run it in 18 volts and it changes the character to more of a Bassman sound and feel. The two pedals stack incredibly well together, which is no surprise. Highly recommend either one of these boxes. Or both!
20220506_125051.jpg

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Congratulations I’ve owned my Lightspeed for almost four years. Never left my board since. I need to try some other Greer pedals.

874F8833-08B0-47FD-8DBB-F6BF1E8BDCA6.jpeg

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Snagged these two pedals this week. First up is the Greer Lightspeed, a pedal that likely needs no introduction here. I've been running it as an always on pedal and, man, has it been impressive. I've heard and read a lot about how touch and volume sensitive this pedal is and how it doesn't mask your guitar or amp and I can confirm it does all of this beautifully. It's just luscious, articulate low to medium.gain goodness. There is not a single turn of the knob that doesn't yield something usable. This pedal has totally changed my perception of stompboxes.

I liked the Lightspeed so much that I had to try the Tomahawk, Greer's tweed flavored pedal. Again, touch sensitivity, dynamics in spades. The pedal can do the tweed Deluxe thing from Larry Carlton, to Mike Campbell, and Neil Young and just about everything in between. It feels amazing. A cool thing is that you can run it in 18 volts and it changes the character to more of a Bassman sound and feel. The two pedals stack incredibly well together, which is no surprise. Highly recommend either one of these boxes. Or both! View attachment 980463
"First up is the Greer Lightspeed, a pedal that likely needs no introduction here."

Honestly, I have never heard the name Greer w/r/t effect pedals or any other musical equipment. So thanks for the introduction.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
"First up is the Greer Lightspeed, a pedal that likely needs no introduction here."

Honestly, I have never heard the name Greer w/r/t effect pedals or any other musical equipment. So thanks for the introduction.
You should check them out! They're out of Athens, GA and build quality stuff. The Lightspeed has been on boards from Jason Isbell to Modest Mouse.

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
You should check them out! They're out of Athens, GA and build quality stuff. The Lightspeed has been on boards from Jason Isbell to Modest Mouse.
Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke uses a Lightspeed. He had lots of praise for the Lightspeed on a rig rundown video on YouTube and he has great tone.

The Lightspeed is the only OD pedal that worked well with my Marshall 1962HW Bluesbreaker. The Lightspeed gave me good low to medium gain without coloring the Bluesbreaker’s beautiful tone.

Recommend.

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke uses a Lightspeed. He had lots of praise for the Lightspeed on a rig rundown video on YouTube and he has great tone.

The Lightspeed is the only OD pedal that worked well with my Marshall 1962HW Bluesbreaker. The Lightspeed gave me good low to medium gain without coloring the Bluesbreaker’s beautiful tone.

Recommend.
That's right! I have run into my Marshall, my Supro, and my PRRI and it sounds great with all of them.