NPD x 2 (Earthquaker/Walrus)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dburns, Oct 23, 2021.

1. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

013D5A59-2E96-4471-8B5A-5B2375CD9C3A.jpeg Two new dirt pedals yesterday. The Plumes and the new Eras Distortion from Walrus Audio. Both extremely killer. Have been pretty content running just The Dude and Suhr Koko Boost Reloaded for some time now, but was kinda feeling like adding some new drive sounds to the board.

The Dude is awesome for medium and semi hi-gain, but I was looking for a little more bite for some of the rock covers we do in my band. I should probably wait until after my gig tonite, but so far the Eras really standout as badass distortion pedal. Enough for me to throw it on the board in place of my trusty Dude.

The Plumes is sounding great also as an all around overdrive. I’ll probably end up using that even more. I know it’s billed as a TS type, but it sounds better to me. I recently bought an Archer Ikon but returned it, to me The Plumes does what “those pedals” are supposed to do, but again, better. I stacked it up against my mini Ibanez TS and it wasn’t even close. Anyway, just wanted to share, been awhile since I’ve been this excited about adding some new tones. Can’t wait to play tonite.

2. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

I love the Plumes! I know it’s a modded TS circuit but honestly I don’t think it sounds remotely like one. Fantastic pedal.

dburns likes this.
  3. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Both great pedals!

dburns likes this.
  4. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

As I expected, I used The Plumes way more on the gig last night, but both were great. Very pleased.

The Plumes is a great OD at any price, but for $100 brand new it’s ridiculous. If anyone is on the fence, just get it. It’s that good IMO.

emisilly likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.