1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD: Wilson Effects Angry Goat

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bigben55, Mar 4, 2021.

1. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

20210228_150928.jpg I got sick of waiting for my name to come up on the KoT waiting list, so I bought the Angry Goat. Its unique, basically a Klon into a Zendrive. Wilson makes the Lotus Drive, his Dumble style OD, and the Lusus Naturae, his Klon klone. This is those 2, in one enclosure, minus the 6 way clipping switch on the Lusus.

The K-side is a proper klone. Has the 1N34 germanium diodes, the buffer, and the charge pump. Having played a few klones, I think this one has a bit more gain and output. Its an incredible lead boost. Its not just volume, but that perfect dose of added gain and mids the klon is known for. The D-side is SMOOTH. It has a tone and presence control, with the presence acting like a treble fine tuner. Its low to medium gain, but feels round and sustainy.

The 2 sides are stackable, but its K into D, and you can't switch the order, which is fine by me. Im using it into a cranked up Dr Z Remedy w/2x12 cab with Greenbacks, mostly with a strat or tele. I roll gtr vol back to 5-6 for my cleans. I have the D side set for dirt with the gtr set clean like that. I have the K side set for a lead boost with gtr vol at 10(overdriven amp). I can use both sides but that gets a little noisy IMO. Im sure I can set the 2 sides to minimize noise, but like them as is. Its not the most quiet OD pedal I've had, but the D side has considerably less noise than the K side as I have them set.

If youre looking for klon and a zendrive in a single box, this is it! 2 voices, both well executed. And I can 110% vouch for both the meticulous build quality and awesome customer service of Wilson Effects. Check it out!

Alex_C likes this.
  2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats!

I ran across Wilson Effects via their Muff Clone, The Dirty Beaver. The names are questionable along the lines of Jorge Tripps, but it was a good pedal - sounded like a good Muff, but I don't remember which variant. I had something similar so didn't end up keeping it, but the Beaver in a Biker outfit graphic was pretty cool!

Enjoy!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.