NPD! Will it ever stop?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by cntry666, Dec 21, 2018.

1. cntry666

cntry666 Friend of Leo's

I cannot stop buying pedals and making new boards. I saw this Animals Pedal and I had to have it based on looks alone. Luckily it’s a British style distortion which is my sound. I had to build a board immediately so I bought a loop switcher and there you have it. These Animals Pedals are really cool, found them on Reverb. I got mine used but new they are around $100. Check them out.

Image1545446168.155353.jpg
    Image1545446181.025153.jpg

blakestree and Marcelo R like this.
  2. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I’ll let you know if and whennit ever stops for me....

3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The nice thing is...when you come to your senses (if that ever happens) or fall on hard times, you can sell them and get most of your money back. Rich people buy houses, cars and boats. Working class folks buy guitars, amps and pedals.

However much you spend, they're still cheaper than the average girlfriend these days. I met a gal in 2010, fell head over, quickly got engaged and spent the next 3 years trying to keep up with her financially (Buck Owen's "I've Got a Tiger by the Tail" belongs here). I'm a pretty generous guy, but when we were together she ALWAYS wanted to go out to eat, wanted to go to Disney a couple times a year, wanted to eat at the most expensive steakhouse in Tampa Bay 4 times a year and when I backed off as money got tight and CC bills got high, complained "We never do anything." The time she called me cheap the day after I ordered her a $600 pair of cowgirl boots for a surprise Christmas present should have been the last straw (and reason to cancel the order), but, fool that I am, I hung in another year or so.

So here's the good part: We broke up 5 years ago and since then, I've bought and sold lots of stuff. As to what I still have: a custom-built tele from a local luthier, 2 custom built tweed amp clones (5F1 champ and 5F11 Vibrolux), 2 parts caster builds with boutique pickups and two of my favorite necks ever (TRO-FAT and 50s Baja), a Gibson acoustic and a pedalboard with about $700 worth of pedals. I also have money in the bank and $0 credit card balances. Needless to say, I don't date much anymore.

I've had to sell a couple of my more valuable pedals off to help pay for school and may be selling some other parts off too before I'm through. This too shall pass. I'm in school for X-ray tech. Been doing pre-reqs...my program starts in January.

Hollandcaster likes this.
  4. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted

No.

Tim T likes this.
  5. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Check the "generous returns" policy. . .
    ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.