NPD! Way Huge Havalina Fuzz

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by OttoCorrect, Feb 19, 2019.

1. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

The Havalina germanium fuzz, one of the rare pedals from Way Huge *not* named after genitalia, is being blown out at many places for only $70!!! So I got one from Sweetwater and it came today!

Supposedly Tone Bender MkIII based, with low gain Russian germanium transistors. I’ve had tons of Muffs, my fair share of Fuzz Faces and even a handful of Super Fuzzes over the years but this is the first Tone Bender anything that I can recall that I’ve had.

First impressions are excellent. It is naturally bright with decent mids and a great grainy germanium texture. Highly responsive to the volume knob, but not with the clean up of a Fuzz Face (which is fine, I’m not looking for cleanup). Can be smooth and sweet if you want it but can also do the trashy biker fuzz thing too. Oddly enough, I tried it after a buffered pedal to see how much it changes and it got a bit brighter but that’s it. So in a pinch this one even works after buffers without farting out like a lot of other circuits do. I’ve been looking for this kind of fuzz tone exactly for a while, and I can’t believe I lucked out with this one at only $70.

As should be expected with Way Huge the build quality is excellent (it’s the narrower style enclosure too) and the switching silent. It’s also pretty darn quiet for a Fuzz. If you want a great germanium fuzz with tons of great 60’s vibes, this one is great and is very cheap!

Fearnot likes this.
  2. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Pics!

F4AA6ED4-6CD6-4597-B4B9-061D4435EC56.jpeg 6E1CD05F-5CF5-41FA-A5EA-ABB36DA08718.jpeg 95098323-D96E-4F32-9481-00E740CF596F.jpeg 1215A76A-AA65-4303-BD00-D1DC5AA9FA86.jpeg

Gunerius, JustABluesGuy and ponce like this.
  3. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

i'm so jealous.great price

4. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

I'm off the fuzz train for awhile, but that's a great deal. Enjoy!

5. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Sweetwater and Amazon both have them for the $70.00 price. Probably one or two sellers on Reverb too. Dunno how long they’ll be $70 for, not sure if it’s just a Presidents’ Day thing or if it’s a NOS kind of blowout. If so, I’m stunned these didn’t sell better. When I think 60’s fuzz, this pedal is the sound that was in my head.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.