NPD... Tremolo, you can never have enough, right?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by unccivil, Feb 6, 2013.

1. unccivil

unccivil Tele-Meister

You know how it goes... Went into GC to get some picks and strings, and walked out with two pedals. They had a used Hardwire TR-7 (Tremolo/Rotary) that I tried out and really dug...lots of great sounds to find in that pedal.

Then, when I was trying to decide whether to buy it, the guy (sales manager) pulled a Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter off the shelf and said, "we've got a deal on these...$69 bucks"!!! I guess they're running some promo with them right now, cuz that's pretty cheap.

So, yeah... I bought both of them.

The Shape Shifter is a great pedal...straight up analog tremolo with tap tempo, waveform adjust, and a tweak knob that allows you to sort of bias the wave to a fast or slow attack. It sounds beautiful paired with a TC Electronic HOF verb through the blues junior.

The TR-7's tremolos have a little too much of a digital edge to them, with the exception of the bias trem setting(models a vox tube bias trem) which is pretty nice and well-rounded. But man, the TR-7 nails the Leslie sound on the Rotary setting and does a pretty good Vibe too. If you can pick one up used, it's worth it for the Rotary alone.

2. blargfromspace

blargfromspace Tele-Afflicted

Damn thats cheap. I paid $150 for my SDSS. Great pedal with very well thought out controls. I'm surprised its not more popular.

3. birddog01

birddog01 Tele-Afflicted

I was watching a TR-7 last week and should have bought it when I had the chance now it's gone. Can get one now for $99 but don't want to spend that much.
    Had to replace a tuner pedal a couple years ago and got a Hardwire and it's been going stong.

Don't have a tremolo amp, need a Tremolo pedal but only room for one.
    Don't want to spend a bundle but may be worth it for the Rotary.

4. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Friend of Leo's

CONGRATS on a killer Duncan unit !

YUP, i too love the 'ol trem sound.
    Very happy with my EHX unit, but would LOVE to have the bigger valve driven EHX Wiggler.

5. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

RrRrRrRrRrRiGhT! Tremolo is very good effect :)

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I can't live without a little trem in my life. I was going to sell my old Rocktron Pulse Tremolo after replacing it with a Rogue Trem, but I've been inspired (from the Greta Owners Club) to build a mini pedal board for my Greta. Ahhhh, the SDSS ... someday. You got a good deal with that one. Congrats.

7. thumbpick

thumbpick Tele-Afflicted

nothing worse than listening to a good picker ..who just leaves his fav. effect on.. all night long

8. lewis

lewis Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, that would be a bad picker doing the same. Who? Me?

Love trem btw.

9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

I use a Gig-FX Chopper... Its tremolo overkill! I love it.

10. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

The Hardwire pedals are Fantastic and personally my favorite pedals construction wise. They are built like a tank! I currently don't have any, I sold my RV-7 because it was not being used, no fault of the pedal. I would not hesitate to ever buy a Hardwire pedal if I found a decent deal one on whether I needed it or not.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.