NPD Stay off the net if you’re drinking whiskey

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by pinchegil, Jun 12, 2021.

1. pinchegil

pinchegil Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

Apparently I pre-ordered this 3 months ago. Pretty sure whisky had to be involved. Checked my records and I guess I did. Confirmations went to my junk mail. Funny, other than a Tumnus and a TS I am not a pedal guy. Oh well guess I’ll see what it does
    upload_2021-6-12_20-49-31.jpeg

2. Blackmore Fan

Blackmore Fan Tele-Holic

Let us know what you think of it! I saw a great video of another Nux product--their version of a Marshall-in-a-box pedal. If I wanted a pedal of that type, I wouldn't hesitate in giving it a go.

3. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Afflicted

IMG_20210612_223938.jpg
    I'm no stranger to whiskey but I do remember ordering the same pedal from z sounds and was told it would come 21st of last month, then that got moved to the 7th of this month and when I called on the 10th they had no idea. I looked around and found it on reverb, and I think I've got one coming from Texas. I wish I would have held off because I ran into something called the pedal guy and he's got a few of them and we're only a couple cities apart. I got it mainly to try and shrink the used up floor space of my home recording but who knows if it sounds good enough to my amp I might use it out.

Update; the company I ordered from off of reverb that said it shipped from Texas actually is shipping from China. I'm pretty ticked off as I've already waited, and my experience with shipment from China is about 3 weeks for the earliest I could expect. I put in request for refund clearly stating that people and businesses that erroneously list their addresses, have been problematic in the past. I'm going to hit up the pedal guy again but he's probably sold out by now haha!! That's a picture of what I'm trying to shrink down, and should be much easier to get two feeds in stereo.

pinchegil likes this.
  4. pinchegil

5. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Afflicted

Well you're more patient than I am and any day you can spend 300 bucks and and not notice it missing sounds good to me. He says that he has some in stock and he's only a short car ride away, so if they cancel I'm going to go with him. Unless of course he says he's in Redondo Beach and he's really in Uzbekistan! Haha

pinchegil and Fretting out like this.
  6. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

It looks like you had one of those moments where you hate your band and thought 'I'll show those guys - with one of these I can replace them all and keep all that lovely gig money for myself'.
    Whiskey and the internet is the devil's work..

TwoBear and pinchegil like this.
  7. tfarny

tfarny Poster Extraordinaire

Is that the one that is supposed to be like a Helix with a drum machine? Cool!

pinchegil likes this.
  8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

I’m not a pedal guy either. Congrats and welcome to pedal addiction.
    Pre orders are the best because you never know when it’s coming.

pinchegil likes this.
  9. TIM5150

TIM5150 TDPRI Member

I ended up with a new Charvel that way. Whiskey drinking cost me $1100. Lol.I don’t even remember buying it, it just showed up one day from FedEx. Great guitar, I don’t regret it.

Nice pedal by the way. Whatever it does. It looks hi-tech.

Blackmore Fan, pinchegil and TwoBear like this.
  10. Censport

Censport Tele-Holic

Cool!

I'll admit that when I saw the thread title I thought the name of the pedal was "Stay off the net if you’re drinking whiskey". I mean, there are some crazy pedal names out there...

11. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Afflicted

After Rezzafratsis, or however that it's spelled, I'd say it's wide open on names.

Censport and pinchegil like this.
  12. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I didn't know about drunk purchases until I've seen it mentioned on this forum, numerous times actually.

Anyway, those are pretty cool, I think on the Nux processors you can assign the expression pedal to anything. Read the manual and tweak the presets, but don't do it drunk.

TwoBear and pinchegil like this.
  13. pinchegil

Its got a drum machine, its got Electric, Bass, and Acoustic amp modeling, tuner, looper. All of which I really don't now what to do with yet, I had a digitech GSP in the early 90s but this is something totally different. I think it actually has a simulated tube bias that you can tweak, It lets you dial in sag on your pedals which is kind of cool. Too many features, so little time

14. MLHull

MLHull Tele-Meister

Strong drink, credit cards and late night infomercials have got me more than once. Hope this works out better than the "fish slayer 2000" I bought under these circumstances.

15. TwoBear

TwoBear Tele-Afflicted

And who could forget the Fish’n Magician!!!
    Manufactured by Ronco, A subsidiary of Dewey-Screwum & Howe! so you don’t forget order before midnight tonight! operators are standing, byeeeee...Haha.

Blackmore Fan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.