1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Npd - solid gold fx zeta od!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jammers5, Jun 23, 2015.

1. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

So Solid Gold FX had a sale last weekend so I ordered the Zeta overdrive....why not i thought the price was good! I had seen some video demos on it a while back and thought it sounded decent. I have been looking for a mild overdrive, some thing to give me the sound of a tube amp on the verge of breakup in the power section. This pedal delivers...thought it sounded great just plucking away at home, but tonight was gig night so I had my Deluxe Reverb turned up louder and it sounded great! No colouring of the sound, no low end disappearing, just the sound of power tubes cooking! Very very nice pedal! I then kicked on my Soul Food for a higher gain sound and noticed that the mid "honk" it produced kinda levelled off...it was definitely more pleasing to the ears! What a pleasant surprise!

I ran the pedal at unity with the amp, with gain at 25-50% mostly, tone at 12 oclock.

People, I am serious. Try out one of these pedals. If there are no stores in your area that carry them, research them online. This pedal is a "best kept secret" and anyone that requires a lower gain drive SHOULD HAVE THIS ON THEIR BOARD! yes its that good!

Cheers!

J5

emisilly likes this.
  2. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Anyone else using this fantastic pedal?

J5

3. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

I saw the demo of it that you posted in another thread recently. It's certainly a very good sound.

That portion of the pedal market is well catered for and it's probably hard for a maker to rise above the general noise unless they offer something a bit special. Barber is a good example of someone who has read the market well and produces excellent quality and flexibility married to a fair price.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.