NPD Sin Pickups Snake Pit Humbuckers

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by OttoCorrect, Jun 25, 2019.

1. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

New pickup day! I have an Agile AL3000 that had the classic Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz combo in it, but I wanted something less hot. Ended up trying on a whim the Sin Pickups Snake Pit set off of Reverb. Apparently this guy in NC or somewhere winds his own humbuckers and clones some famous recipes. The kicker for me was this set was a copy of the Slash signature hums but for $60!!!! Alnico 2 magnets, asymmetrical winds, 9k or so on the bridge, and the pole pieces and screws are gold colored to boot! Ordered them Thursday got them Monday.

Frankly I’m not much of a Guns n Roses fan, but the specs screamed classic hard rock humbuckers and they delivered in spades. I plugged my guitar into my Egnater Tweaker 15 and cranked it up. It was classic 70’s and 80’s hard rock tones all day long. Great mids, excellent articulation, hot but not too hot. Good sag and feel. Just beautiful. Kicked on my SD-1 and it was exactly what hear in my head when I think perfect Les Paul rock tone.

I already sold my Duncans. And considering my Agile already has all gold hardware the extra aesthetic value just makes it that much sweeter. And $60 for the set!!! Can’t believe what a good deal it was.

No affiliation, honestly, never even heard of Sin Pickups til last Wednesday, just having fun raving about how great these pickups sound! Here’s a couple of lousy pics:

EE1C88EF-318F-4D2D-84FE-EB4339E4BC53.jpeg 38C09BF0-CC6E-48E6-B9C0-2A01D1484E49.jpeg 855C2240-D758-4932-B58F-FF8786F35056.jpeg

GuitarPix and FenderGyrl like this.
  2. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.