NPD (second this week) and my big-for-me board

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by tfarny, Jun 5, 2020.

1. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I got the Keeley DDR less than a week ago, now the EH Small Stone Nano. This is the biggest and most diverse pedal collection I have ever put together, but everything is simple and easy to tweak. The Boss FS-7 controls the amp. Fun stuff! Honestly all I need is the FS-7 but the rest of it is a lot of fun. Let's me do from clean to various country stuff to some very spacey sounds indeed.

Attached Files:

emisilly, Fretting out and stormsedge like this.
  2. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Nice! Congratulations.

3. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Holic

That small stone has a unique sound. I love the graphic art on it. Sublime!

4. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Yeah, it really does some more univibey phase thing doesn't it? I don't like the seasick stuff at all, but if I keep the rate low I can get some cool stuff. It's a definite changeup from a Phase 90 type of sound. For now the phase and trem are in front of the drive. Next step is probably a dedicated PS and better cable routing. I WILL play out again!

I'm not really sure the Variac Fuzz deserves a spot on here but as long as I'm not schlepping it around to gigs and rehearsals, it can stay for now. That thing is crazy! That pedal and a cheap delay, and you are in doom / stoner heaven. Which is not my idea of heaven...:)

I could replace it with a regular dirt pedal, giving me dirt before / after the modulations. I think it's the first time I've ever had multiples of drive / mod / delays on a single board.

superjam144 likes this.
  5. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Holic

I have a simple board... A looper, a delay (always on lightly), a chorus (I love chorus), a vibe, a blues driver (for solos), a wah wah. Got a second chorus pedal on the way, and a tuner pedal.

But basically I feel like every board needs a looper, a modulation or three, a wah wah, and a drive of some sort. The vibe is an extra, nice to have that 70s style old skoolness..

Never got into fuzz or extra overdrives myself.. though I tend to enjoy playing clean with a little delay for thickness and sustain. I have reverb on my amp thank goodness, love reverb.

It's funny sometimes I want a pedal just for the art!! EHX makes some wild art graphics.. I swear he was inspired in part by NYC Graffiti.

6. superjam144

superjam144 Tele-Holic

I got a small stone on backorder... That thing sounds amazing. Almost bought a second chorus pedal, but realized I need to diversify.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.