1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD - Saturnworks Dark Matter!! (tube overdrive)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steve Holt, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

I'm not really the pedal type. I've been playing 15 years and I've got a looper, a fuzz, and now this tube overdrive from Bryan Wallis at Saturnworks. and I've bought all 3 in the last year!

Just got this and I've barely had time to even plug it in, but I've been able to play in it a little. So far I love it. I can get some really good distortion while still getting some nice clarity. it has two channels, the right side is a clean transistor boost, and the left is the tube driven. The three black knobs are volume, tone and gain, and the white knob is gain for the transistor side. So it's pretty straight forward even for a tube novice. I don't know what else to say. It looks cool, it is cool. it was a long wait, but overall I say it was worth it! 20161116_185158.jpg

jddub440 and Darkness like this.
  2. Darkness

Darkness Tele-Afflicted

Very cool. Must resist....

Steve Holt likes this.
  3. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I'd love to hear an amp/pedal guru's analysis. My understanding is that many tubes in pedals are mostly for marketing and aren't able to do what they would do in an actual tube amp. But maybe this one is the real deal??

Steve Holt likes this.
  4. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

Yeah I couldn't tell you. if you find it on reverb the maker has a video demonstrating the sound. I like it a lot. I can get a mostly clean sound picking individual notes with a lot of breakup when I hit 2 or more strings. so yeah the tube could be mostly a garbage advertising trick but I'm going to play along!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.