1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD, Rocktron Orange Peel Phaser

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Wildeman, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Wildeman

Wildeman Tele-Meister

Inspired by the Waylon thread so i went and got this funky thing. All metal construction, could double as a wheel chock on the flight line. This is the best sounding phase shifter i've ever had by far and ive had some good one's, Maxxon, MXR, EHX....This wins, dunno why its so obscure but i was lucky to find it in a local shop. 20201025_100536.jpg 20201025_100543.jpg 20201025_100555.jpg super minty condition for a '80s-'90s? pedal.

2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats!! I have had the Austin Gold and Purple Haze from them in that line, but never even knew about the orange peel. Those aluminum billet cases are solid - equally useful as weapons against a rowdy stage hand or over-zealous fan (check your insurance policy first before using in such a manner - I am not a lawyer, don't play one on tv, but might be an outlaw in some states...)

They are decent pedals sound wise, did not find the PH or AG particularly appealing but with a second life as a wheel chock or weapon, you can't go wrong.

Congrats!!

WalthamMoosical likes this.
  3. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Afflicted

Judging by the name I'd bet it's an Orange Squeezer clone. If so, that's a great compressor IMO.
    Oops, never mind, I see it's a phaser. So, the name is a play on the orange Phase 90 I guess.
    Al

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  4. WalthamMoosical

WalthamMoosical Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Hey thanks for the tip. I was wondering what to do about this bunk spray paint finish I've perpetrated on this tele-style-assembly I working on, and instead of leveling and buffing I'll just git me one o' these pedals.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.