NPD! New Pedal Day!

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
¡Bueno!™

Never happy with compressor pedals. ALL just add too much noise to the rigs I've used. Until this Diamond CPR-1! Even all knobs cranked just the slightest hiss if that!

Very cool in the few minutes I've played with it. Absolutely usable throughout the range. If any complaint too clean! Not a hint of dirt but I have other options for that!

Lucky to find a brand new unused as far as I can tell. Seller said he only took out of box to photograph; I believe him! 100% mint. Included original box, manual and warranty card (now useless since Diamond is belly up as afar as I know...) Kinda afraid to use it! Once I stick some velcro on the back......I don't think it's hit the collectible level yet although prices are over $200 across the board!

Attachments

• diamond.jpg
    diamond.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 8

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I have tried unsuccessfully to find love for a compressor.
Glad you found a good one.

This one is quite different! I've tried a few and owned Wampler Ego, Boss and Keeley Comp+ (Of those I liked the Keeley best!). All introduced noise early in the compression. Supposedly an artifact of compression and nothing you can do...except the Diamond is almost silent when dime'd across the board.

It uses a different scheme which I don't fully comprehend but not just another try at an age old effect.

Most compressors I've used go from no influence to worthless through the sweep of the knob. Noise is usually an issue at <20%. I've been able to find a sweet spot with each but it's simply that; a sweet SPOT!

Diamond is useful tone generator cross the entire range!

Here's one video but there's a few that I watched that made me take the plunge: