NPD MXR Carbon Copy mini...for jam board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 4pickupguy, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

I bought an amp today and as part of the deal got a great price on the Carbon Copy mini. Haven’t even heard it yet. Are they any good? Should fit nicely on my little jam board!

BD22E851-708D-41AF-A79D-F18D66D8CF60.jpeg

StompBoxRacer and RetroTeleRod like this.
  2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

I have no idea about the mini, but the full sized one is great for slapback. Congrats!

4pickupguy likes this.
  3. StompBoxRacer

StompBoxRacer TDPRI Member

I've been sort of lusting after one of these since I found out it has a bright switch on it. Although I have the regular sized CC already on a full size board and love the darker sound of it, it would be nice to kick it into the bright setting occasionally. I run two delays, the other being a Lovepedal EPH-3 Tape Echo that has a lo-fi-ish sound to it, and they compliment each other well, although some brightness for contrast running the two together could be fun.

4pickupguy likes this.
  4. 4pickupguy

Yeah he said if it isn’t my bag, to bring it in and exchange it for whatever. They had a used Eventide Timefactor for $190.00 I might revisit... of course that won’t work on my jam board...
    Hooking it up shortly.... first impressions in a few.... please, standby...:cool:

duzie likes this.
  5. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Did you finally get your DRRI? :)

6. 4pickupguy

Yes!!!! :p They did honor the 15% Off coupon. Got it new for $976. I got to spend a few minutes with it just now will be back home in an hour. The 150watt Celestion sounds very tight. Needs to be broken in. The suspension on Celestions are pretty thick and take awhile to loosen up. Not quite as snappy country sounding as the BF ‘65 but it’s very Fendery and I think will serve as a fusion amp much better.
    The Carbon Copy will go back and I will get a TC Flashbask Mini ...

7. 4pickupguy

Ahhh yes. That’s more like it!! Went with the full size Flashback instead Of the mini. The TC delays just sounds so good. So versatile too. It was the modulation of the MXR that turned me off of it. Really exaggerated and not smooth. The TC modulated tape delay is spacey, airy and ethereal. Just huge by comparison. Plus it has 3 toneprint slots, 7 factory presets and a looper!! Oh, and a built in expression switch, so, there ya go.. this’ll work!
    96B13EC1-B749-4361-8E02-4F5426B68A39.jpeg

8. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Happy New Pedal Delay!

4pickupguy likes this.
  9. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

Thanks, I have been tempted to try a CC but I don't need another delay!

What toneprint are you using for modulated tape delay? I have an Alter-Ego 4.

4pickupguy likes this.
  10. 4pickupguy

I use the EP3 template and change the mod from ‘Vibe’ which is actually more ‘realistic’ sounding to the tri-chorus mod. I bump the ducking to 50%. So that the notes don’t trample each other if I play a scale or something.
    This is that stock, default EP3 setting at 40% ducking and vibe mod on my Alter Ego x4. It’s plugged directly into my DAW, no amp. Recorded stereo, use headphones.

Here it is (maybe set a little too high) with the tweaks.

Nothing against the MXR, the delay sound is actually very nice.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    FenderLover and RetroTeleRod like this.
  11. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Holic

Ha, I have watched the first video before. Forgot you made it! I think I bought the delay after viewing it.

I just now have a working pc again, I need to play with the tone print editor.

4pickupguy likes this.
  12. 4pickupguy

The Belle Epoch Deluxe is pretty stellar sounding if you are looking for that Echoplex thing. All that hype about the preamp in that thing is absolutely true, it’s tone butter. I wish it were stereo and about $200 less ....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.