NPD - I’m not a feline kind of guy, but...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by karpis, Mar 14, 2019.

1. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

Catalinbread Katzenkönig found me. All technical details can be found using search on TDPRI where 11gauge explains with huge precision. For me it is excellent high gain dirt pedal. With one caveat- it is live players pedal. It has fairly noticeable noise floor, but when played it goes away. Also mid range voicing suggest me that it will shine in a band context, today I only played with drummer, so I’ll give my final judgement when bassist joins in. Huge amount of volume on tap. Cleanup with volume knob is not stellar. But input and gain knobs gave me a lot of possibilities to find good spots between fuzzy abrasive character and more smooth and compressed distortion tones. Sustain is lovely with my Tele. For now I’ll use it and see if it replace MXR Fet Driver for my dirt duties.[​IMG]

2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Tele-Afflicted

Congrats on the pedal. I tried it out in the store - I remember it being good, very versatile between the gain and input controls.

Enjoy!!

karpis likes this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

these pedals all sound much better with a little catnip! use wisely!

karpis likes this.
  4. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

A bit of follow up. Two days ago me, bassist and drummer - bassist complained that he couldn’t hear me with new drive. I thought that is a bit strange, but we had limited time, so I just bumped volume a bit. Yesterday, only me and bassist, both singing by the way, so I took input (fuzzy side) down, gain (distortion side) up and brightened filter a bit and I was very present. Need more mileage, but I think I’ll be fine with it.

5. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

A friend of mine has one and gets a niiiiice distorion out of it - I tried it out during a jam, but it didn't really work for me. Balancing out Input and Gain for your personal preference needs some time for trial and error, it's not a pedal for simply turning up one knob on stage to feel fine. Luckily I am satisfied with the dirt in my actual set-up.....

karpis likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.