NPD, helping out a local cause!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Boomhauer, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]
    That's right, a Mojohand FX Park Theatre Reverb. All proceeds go to the restoration of a cool local venue that's in need of some pretty major structural renovations, plus Mojohand (an offshoot or sister company of Cusack Pedals) is local as well, so I got to go right down to the factory and pick it up from the source. I'm unfamiliar with reverb pedals, as this is my first one, but so far, I'm enjoying it immensely! It's designed to sound like a smallish theatre space, so it's not quite as wet or drippy as some reverb pedals can be. If anything, I'd describe it as dry and eerie, which is super cool when playing Ghost Riders In The Sky or any number of bluegrass tunes.

2. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    GRitS is a great song

Boomhauer and NothingGoatboat like this.
  3. TheTruth

TheTruth TDPRI Member

Noice.

4. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

Cool idea.
    Expensive?

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

What a cool idea for raising funds. I am really getting into "room" verb, so enjoy.

6. Boomhauer

Not super expensive for a boutique pedal...$125 out the door, with $50 from each pedal going to the theatre. Don't get me wrong, it's still the most expensive pedal I own, but I'm a spendthrift and enjoy buying used, trading, and getting the lowest price I can.

7. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Afflicted

That's not that bad for a new hand made pedal, if it is something that you can use and of decent quality. And I dig the local support angle.

8. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Awesome! Good on Cusack Music. Been to Holland MANY times. It is our favorite getaway place. Never been to the Cusack/ Mojo Hand factory though. We will have to look that up next time we are there.

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thanks for alerting us to this great idea. I contacted Cusack by email, got a nice response and ordered one for myself. Nice pedal at a nice price and the community is getting some assistance too.

TheTruth and Boomhauer like this.
  10. Boomhauer

The factory isn't exactly open to the public, I just happened to stop by and pick it up after production had ended for the day, so the nice receptionist gave me a 5-minute tour. It's a super clean facility, I was very impressed by it!

And I didn't even think of posting the link to the pedal:
    https://reverb.com/item/25578509-mojo-hand-fx-park-theatre

TheTruth likes this.
  11. TheTruth

TheTruth TDPRI Member

Great work OP. I think I saw a similar thread in TGP about the local venue being restored.

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. Boomhauer

Thanks! Yeah, if I remember right, Cusack is at the very least a lurker on TGP (at most, an active poster), so it doesn't surprise me to hear that.

And what a better time than now to deliver a longer-term review?!?! I'm completely enamored with the little sumpin' sumpin' that the spacial reverb adds to my signal chain. Even moreso than any overdrive pedal I own, this reverb is an always-on for me: I walk into the basement, and I step on this pedal. Granted, I'm only playing in a little 10'x12' finished basement, but I'm super happy with how this bad boy plays with all of my equipment. Makes my Dream 90-equipped doublecut sound a little less deliberate, adds some surfiness to my Strat, softens the edges of my Broadcaster, and takes my Telecaster up a notch.

I mean, I'm just some jerk on the Internet...I've played out exactly once before, and I'm not a professional by anyone's imagination. But, I'd definitely implore you to look into this pedal if you're in the market for a non-spring, non-oilcan reverb At the very least, you can say you chipped a few bucks into a cool cause.

TheTruth likes this.
  13. TheTruth

TheTruth TDPRI Member

Great review!
    I'm in a far away place (not heaven) but am about to buy a reverb pedal this week.
    Would've checked this out for sure if it was possible.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.