NPD... Fulltone '70 Fuzz

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Tele-beeb, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

I haven't had a fuzz since my teen's and was reluctant to try. My local shop owner has been suggesting one so I bought the Fulltone '70.

Very surprised at the sound... cuts through nicely. Like tremolo, I will have to use self-control so I don't over-use it. Can't hardly wait to play and tweak some more.

I read where there is a sub-culture of fuzz-junkies... I am already considering what would be a contrasting colour. :eek:

2. 59 Restorer

59 Restorer TDPRI Member

Been thinking about one of these myself. Does it clean up well with the volume?
    Keep us posted.

3. csbluesman

csbluesman Tele-Meister

I've had one for a long time. It's a great fuzz face. The mid knob helps it cut thru well. And it does clean up great with the volume knob on the guitar.

4. Tele-beeb

Does a pretty good clean

Yeah... does a pretty convincing clean... meaning, it doesn't drop a great amount of volume to get to the clean.

5. teleprompted

teleprompted Tele-Meister

Its a great pedal. Where do you guys keep the mid knob? Mine tends to stay around 130-2. It cleans up great. Awesome overdrive tones with the volume down and sputterry goodness when you crank it.

6. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Fulltone Fuzz pedals are nice. I have the 69. They are great to just leave on and work your guitars volume. You can go from fuzzed out saturated tone to a tube OD tone to clean all from just twisting a knob on the guitar

7. Tele-beeb

mid somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2
    trimmer a bit under 50%

8. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats! I somehow ended up being a bit of a fuzz junky, too. Started my habit with an MXR Dunlop 108, which is basically a silicon fuzz face in a square box with an optional buffer. Then I moved on to an MXR mini germanium fuzz face and now am mainlining with an MHP Code Green. All of these fuzzes are like the fuzz face in that they respond wonderfully to adjustments of the guitar volume knob. They also are great going into just a little overdrive either from a pedal or an overdriven amp for getting amazing, singing leads, along the lines of Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson. At least for single coils, and I'm a single coil guy.

I used to prefer "proper" overdrives but as I have come back around to fuzz boxes I now realize what all the fuss is about. But the key is to have the fuzz level pretty darned cranked and then to control it from the guitar. I like both the brighter silicon and darker germanium tones.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.