1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD - Flower Pedals Poppy Dual Boost

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RYAN1987M, Jan 24, 2021.

1. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I'd just like to take a moment to share some praise for a new pedal that I recently picked up. It's the Poppy Dual Boost from Flower Pedals.

I've had it for a couple of week now and I'm really impressed with it. A great sounding pedal with lots of utility! It's very versatile and can be dialed-in to accommodate a variety of needs.

It has two sides - red (right-side) and white (left-side). The red side is an opamp boost with a neat EQ control. To my ears, the Tone knob is sort of like a tilt EQ...and, once you find the frequency that you're after, you can then use the Bump knob to choose how much you want to boost that particular frequency. And of course the Volume knob boosts everything further. The white side is a JFET boost with a baxandall tone stack featuring controls for Volume, Treble, and Bass.

Practically speaking, I currently have the red side dialed-in to mimic a Klon(e) when a Klon(e) is used as a boost (with its gain set to 0). It was easy to use the Tone & Bump knobs to set just the right amount of focus on the upper-mids (and, like I said, it's really cool how you can use the Bump knob to choose exactly how much to accentuate a given frequency). I'm using the white side almost like an EQ with only minimal volume boost - I've boosted the Treble and a bit of Bass too...this scoops the mids and makes my Tweed amps sound a bit Blackface-like when I'm going for that. I think of the white side as an alternate or second clean channel.

Also cool is the dual input & output jacks. If you like, you can use four cables and have the red side come before your OD pedals and patch in the white side to come after your OD pedals (or vice versa).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shnook, tah1962 and CV Jee Beez like this.
  2. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats on the pedal.

I ran across a bandaxall tone stack on an Ampeg GVT15-112 amp. Cool EQ section, although I don't know that I ever bonded with it. Eventually sold the amp but got an education. I remember it being cool and useful but not much beyond that.

Sounds like your pedal is a winner. I use a bluesbreaker into a klone to "eq" my sheraton pro because its a tad on the dark side by itself. I eventually got those two dialed in for the Sheraton, Tele, and Strat so they just stay on (except when a Fuzz circuit complains).

Happy NPD!!

RYAN1987M likes this.
  3. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

Do you live near Brian Mena?

4. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

We're not even in the same country

CV Jee Beez likes this.
  5. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

Oh, Ontario Canada.

RYAN1987M likes this.
  6. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Very nice! Congratulations.

RYAN1987M likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.