NPD Fender Pinwheel Rotary Speaker...need advice

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Strato50, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I ordered one...needed a good leslie and this seems to the one..only thing is it needs 350 mil amps to run it...my power supply has 300 for three pedals..can I just use a One Spot plugged directly to it?

Thanks

2. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Yup. The One Spot is good for 1700 mA.

3. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

Hope we're gonna see more of those new Fenders out in the wild. Looking forward to some real world reviews.

And used prices when flipped. ;)

4. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

It will be here tomorrow...looking forward to it.I was going to get a Boss...but I've had one already. wanted to try this one out. I will try and post a vid of it.

5. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

Yes. At $269 it's got some competition. Looks pretty cool. I'm definitely interested.

6. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

They've got a new spring reverb/tremolo combo too! Might compete with the Strymon Flint?
    Interested to hear how these sound!

7. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Well was hoping the pinwheel would be the answer for a good Leslie pedal. Wrong. It really is a disappointment for me. The Vibratone setting sounds like a weak tremelo. The Leslie part cuts the highs and to get it to get up to the level needed to retain the original volume you have to use the Drive knob. When you do that you distort the circuit. The Boss RT 20 is far the superior pedal. Heck my Dano billionaire is better and more user friendly. Another thing the Fenders indicator light will blind you. So back it goes ...for close to 3 bills I am really bummed it is not a better Leslie in a box. Some may love it .. but I think there are far better options for the money.

Attached Files:

8. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

That’s disappointing to hear. I’m still going to check it out, but from what you said here, my Boss RT20 is gonna stay put.

9. rangercaster

rangercaster Friend of Leo's

That LED will put your eye out ... Sorry to hear this pedal is not your cup of tea ...

10. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

Too bad. Glad you can return it. Thanks for sharing.

Not to derail the thread, but on the topic of the blinding LED: I've had pedals with this issue and it makes me wonder why builders/manufacturers think it's ok. I guess on a bright stage outdoors it would make sense, but how often does that scenario occur?
    I have a pedal with black knobs and a crazy bright LED. The knobs don't even have contrasting indicators, just little slits cut into the black plastic. Nevermind not being able to see settings, I can't even see the knobs! Ugh.

11. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

You can use a bit of tape to dampen the light. Might as well have the pedal start at blinding for the times you really need it (outdoors) than to make a weak sauce light like the average TS.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.