NPD - Fender Mirror Image Delay

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by JL_LI, May 17, 2021.

1. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

This may be my first thread in this forum. I never thought of myself as a pedal guy. I play clean to accompany myself on vocals. I never thought of my BOSS EQ-200 as a pedal. It sits on top of my amp for tone shaping. So why a pedal now?

It started with a major renovation project at home. I brought a SuperChamp XD up from the basement to play on my front porch. The amp has effects, delay among them. I never used it back when but things change. There are some small pop bands from the UK, London Grammar and The Japanese House among them that rely on delay and a Stratocaster for their sound. I turned it on and aside from the very limited options on the XD, liked it.

My Boogie is out now so I went shopping. What a disaster. Salesmen trying to sell me what they had in the case and not listening to what I wanted. I ordered the Mirror Image on line hoping that the algorithms and controls would give me what I want, filling empty space with sound and sustain without compression. 15 minutes out of the box and I was close. A little tweaking and I’m closer. I’m learning to hear what the controls do. I’m not thinking of the pedal as an effect. It’s filling space and adding sustain just as I hoped. Money well spent I think. I may try some of the more extreme delays but for now I’m getting exactly what I bought the pedal for.
    AE832496-181E-4BAE-9D5D-50E946F447A7.jpeg

Cali Dude and RetroTeleRod like this.
  2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

It’s fun to watch someone else begin the journey toward pedal addiction. Pedals are like chips, can’t stop at 1.
    Congrats.

JL_LI likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.