1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD. Durham Sex Drive.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by GaryOsborne, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

I've thought about the Zia drive but they don't come up much. There's enough gain on the sex drive for me if I crank the drive. It sounds so good. But I like leaving it on all the time so much as my clean tone. It would be awesome to have another one for solos or just to stack with the one I already have.

I'd have to try the Zia, see how it compares to the sex drive. I'm sure it's great if it's made by the same dude.

2. hwy145

hwy145 Tele-Afflicted

3. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not a volume-knob guy? You could always just roll back to 7 for your rhythm signal and roll up to 10 for leads and avoid the extra $$ for another SD.

4. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The Sex Drive "is a compressor". It doesn't knock the tone press off the board?

5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dynamics are for wimps! :lol:

6. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

That's what I do now. I try to keep it rolled back to about 80% most of the time so I always have somewhere to go. But I'm constantly misjudging it. I'll roll it up all the way for a lead break and it won't be loud enough. I gotta work on it.
    But more importantly I just can't get over how good and versatile this pedal is. I've always heard about it but it's really one of those you have to hear in person.

7. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

I leave the compression switch in the middle "off" position on the SD. They both just sound so good together. When I get a mic I'll make a video so you guys can see. They both sound good alone but together they sound great and more importantly they feel good together.
    Like I said before, I have OD pedals that I love but I just don't turn them on because I'm so busy enjoying the clean sound from my comp and the SD.

8. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The solution, similar to most electric-guitar-related problems, is AMP LOUDER! :D

9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Get ye to thee ol' Amp Forum, heretic. :lol:

10. TeleCustom2

TeleCustom2 TDPRI Member

Watched and waited for this pedal for three or four years. Was never able to find one in a guitar shop so I could try it and was worried about buying one without testing it. Finally broke down a couple of months ago and bought one hoping and praying it would be everything I had heard/read about...

It is amazing, much better than many (very positive) reviewers stated. The youtube videos do it no real justice. Its an incredible pedal and I couldn't be happier. Some of the reviewers mentioned its something you "feel". It boosts without coloring the tone and I am hearing and "feeling" things like I never did before from my Tele. I'm playing a custom built Tele Custom through a Vox AC30 and it has made playing an immeasurable more pleasurable experience. I'm down to two pedals, the Zia and the Sex drive. Play rhythm, no lead and leave the Sex Drive on for almost everything. For me, this pedal is the real deal and just what the doctor ordered.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.