NPD - Catalinbread Giygas Fuzz

Grandy

Tele-Holic
I had an eye on this ever since it was released and I finally got one. It's great so far. I only gave it a little quiet test drive, haven't played it in a band context yet. As all the reviews will tell you it is really versatile, even more so when you actually get to twist the knobs yourself. The YT demos just scratch the surface. I'm no fuzz aficionado, but you can get quite a few fuzz types out of a single pedal plus overdrive and distortion sounds.

It's perfect for someone like me who often only has one drive pedal in my board. Lately it has been some sort of a rat, and for the same reason - versatility. You can even sculpt your clean sound with this thing.

Sorry about the fan boy rant.😇

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I’ve been looking at that. I don’t technically need another fuzz but I could always need another fuzz and CB stuff is always great.

JustPlayItLoud

Tele-Meister
I have one. It’s awesome. It’s what an op amp based fuzz should sound like and it puts the op amp Muff to shame. The combo of the Mid control and tilt EQ give a lot of ability to dial in a tone. The clean blend is so much cooler than I would have thought and is great for keeping clarity and punch when the fuzz is turned up.

Haven’t tried the bass control but I want to try it with my Epi Les Paul bass into my Ampeg combo. I bet it dooms hard.

scook

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Been on a fuzz kick lately, did not need to see this…not helping…

Just recently grabbed the CB Karma Suture (germanium) and Octapussy. CB does fuzz right.

I always hear great things about the Giygas and Katzenkonig.

D_Malone

Tele-Afflicted
Been on a fuzz kick lately, did not need to see this…not helping…

Just recently grabbed the CB Karma Suture (germanium) and Octapussy. CB does fuzz right.

I always hear great things about the Giygas and Katzenkonig.

The Karma Suture is awesome. I use it as a boost into a dirty amp, or dirt pedal. Kinda behaves like a treble booster IMO. Very dynamic and unique.