1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD: BOSS SD-1 Never been touched

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Switchy, Jan 31, 2020.

1. RobbieAG

RobbieAG TDPRI Member

I also picked up a mint used one (from a local Music Go Round) for under $40. I use it in conjunction with a DOD 250 Overdrive. I like comparing them, using one as an always on and the other for a lead tone. Both sound great!

Switchy likes this.
  2. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

thanks. thats good to know since the non-smts are getting scarce. i was wondering about the effect of the smt on the sd1 since i tested an smt bd--2 and os2 and both had that quiet signal, almost digital. here in my country i can let any cellfone repairman do the c6 mod since they have that tool.

3. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Imagine if they decided to put all the circuitry in even the most complicated analog guitar pedal into a single, custom-designed integrated circuit...
    I expect that the chip would only need to be about 1 cm square, and that is just because there would need to be enough space to connect
    the leads to the input, output, and controls. (This would be different from the custom ICs in things like the Helix, which is designed to be a lot more
    flexible and programmable. I'm talking about an IC whose only job is to be a miniaturized, analog, dedicated pedal like a Tubescreamer or MXR Carbon Copy.)

upload_2020-2-3_13-14-9.png

4. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Holic

Identical to any other stock SD-1. Mine is SMT and it’s as good as any stock SD-1 I’ve ever played. Maybe better, since I cranked everything with the pedal off to see if I could hear the rumored “signal bleed through” problem people on TGP like to gripe about. I heard nothing. Excellent drive. One of the best ever, then and now.

dougstrum and leonard d rock like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.