1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD - Boss CE-2W

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by OzShadow, Apr 11, 2020.

1. OzShadow

OzShadow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Picked this one up with a nice discount. I’ve been wanting a chorus pedal for a while. When you want a little chorus,the stock CE-2 setting is great. When you want a lot of chorus, very full and resonant, the CE-1 setting is a perfect option. I’m not sure if I will ever use the vibrato setting. It’s on my amp anyhow and I have yet to really use it.

Gives me a reason to play a couple GnR songs and few others plus just tinkering with it.

Fretting out likes this.
  2. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nice pedal .

I like a little chorus to help cut the mix playing rhythm. Can thicken up leads too.

Imo, it's usually most effective when not noticed.

Congrats. I love those waza pedals.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  3. OzShadow

Thanks. Have several Boss but this is my first in the Waza line.

4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Happy NPD.

5. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Holic

Happy new pedal day I have 3 wazas.

Its the only Boos stuff I sport. Loving my CE2W.

And remember do use all your effects including the one built into your amp for maximum effect sometimes and exprimentation. Your just denying yourself dope tones.

The Vibrato on there for example is nothing like any Vibrato on a Fender or amp....its super detuned and sounds crazier.

Also use your onbaord tremolo/vibrato to stack with the CE2W to get some good tones. Very Lelie/rotary tones can be found here doing it this way.

Cheers

6. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Ya the vibrato on fender amps is actually tremolo. So the ce2w is in no way redundant.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  7. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome
    I’d love to get one of these, I’ve wanted one since I saw Johnny winter used one. He’d have it on all the time just to thicken his sound a little

8. highwayjones

highwayjones TDPRI Member

I had a few previous chorus pedals but after grabbing the CE2W I realized that the CE-1 sounds was what I was after. In particular I was after the chorus sound from Sponge's "Rotting Pinata" album (below) but this effect is so many other prevalent in 80's/90's rock tunes. This will be the only chorus I ever need.

The-Kid likes this.
  9. Highway Chile

Highway Chile TDPRI Member

I always assumed that I would never get this one as I have other chorus pedals and it is expensive, but, like the OP, I got a good deal on one and couldn't pass it by. I actually prefer use it in the more subtle CE-2 mode, but all three modes are great. It's definitely my favorite chorus pedal and it would be perfect if it only had a level/mix control and an option for true bypass.

10. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

Nice. I’ll be getting one soon along with a few other Boss pedals. Building a second pedalboard of all Boss. About 5 pedals total.

jh

The-Kid and RetroTeleRod like this.
  11. OzShadow

They can be had new (or false mint) for about $142 lately if you catch some of those promo sales on reverb.

The-Kid likes this.
  12. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

Mine came the other day. It’s doing exactly what I wanted it to. I have the switch in the middle. Rate all the way up, depth at noon.

jh

The-Kid likes this.
  13. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

I have an original CE2 that I bought new as a college kid. Still works. I actually like it with the depth turned almost all the way down. Just a tiny bit of thickening/widening without any detuning..,

14. OzShadow

I’ve had this for a couple weeks now. I don’t play that many songs that traditionally use chorus but when I hit this pedal it just makes me smile. I find myself just noodling with it for a long time or going back to a song that does use it. It is definitely the pedal that adds the most warmth and personality over anything else I have.

Lately the stock CE2 mode has getting the most time but that CE1 mode is also something all its own.

15. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Very :cool: I had an original black label CE2 years ago. Great pedal.

16. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Holic

Boss/Roland pretty much wrote the book on chorus, so I’m not surprised the CE-2w is good stuff. Maybe one day I’ll be able to get my own. Right now I‘ve got my BF-2 and that’ll have to do.

17. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

I'm glad we're not living so much in the past any more. It used to be that people would comment they hate chorus, too 80's sounding, etc. Please. It's my favorite modulation pedal. The CE2W comes out and it's the best thing ever. Well deserved. I'm still a DC-2 fan and passed along a DC-2W last year, but I wouldn't kick any of these to the curb.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.