NPD...Aion Electronics Refractor

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by tah1962, May 6, 2020.

1. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I just got this pedal kit in the mail this afternoon from Aion Electronics and went to work on it. It’s one of the many Klon clones available in today’s pedal market. I basically ordered it just to have a project to break the boredom from this seemingly never ending lockdown in Illinois. I’ve tried a few clones before and didn’t really care for them. However, I really like this one. It cleans up great with the guitar volume knob. I can go from clean to crunch just turning the volume knob. It’s definitely a keeper. I’m looking forward to dialing it in better in the next couple days. Here are pictures of the final build.

C0674173-71BA-47B8-BDBB-AD87A24B2FB9.jpeg 1FE34D11-D1E3-4CAE-9227-2771053BBE08.jpeg

awasson and zippofan like this.
  2. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

Looks great! I have used their boards for years, but never bought a kit. Pricey, but you get a top shelf quality pedal out of it.

BTW: I love those resistors. I wonder where he sources them? There was a thread on here a year or so ago about these. I'll need to try and dig it up.

tah1962 likes this.
  3. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Thank you! To me the kits are worth it with the nice professional looking enclosure that comes with it. I’m not sure where he gets the resistors but it sure makes it easier to build the kit. I’ve built several BYOC kits and you either need to decipher the color codes on the resistors, or check them with a DMM before you can even begin building.

Thanks for your response. Cheers!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.