1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD 1986 Boss CS-2 CL Score!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by rhythmjones, Oct 19, 2014.

1. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

I've had a set of Epiphone OEM pickups on CL/Reverb for a bit without much interest. Then, yesterday morning a guy emails me: "I can trade a Boss Compressor/Sustainer that's beat up but works, or I'd pay $15 today."

"I'll take the pedal" I said. I figured he was talking about a CS-3. I checked eBay, and they seem to be going for around $40-$50 bucks. Even if I decided to flip it, $40 was more than my asking price for the Epi pickups, and certainly more than $15.

I meet the guy and he hands me a beat up old CS-2. He's really happy to have the Epi pickups to finish his steam-punk guitar build, but my mind is all "Holy ****! This could be MIJ vintage!"

The label was off the back, though, and I don't know too much about Boss pedals. So I took a few pictures and popped them up on Facebook. One of my musician buddies said "Label in the battery compartment?" Eureka! Found the serial # and plugged it into http://www.bossarea.com/serial/sndecoder.aspx and it dates to 1986. What a CL score! On the Bay, pedals like this are going for $80-$180ish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, this is one of those NPD posts where I haven't plugged the pedal in yet! I'll report back!

2. sbpark

sbpark Friend of Leo's

Great pedal. Mine is an '88. It's a keeper.

3. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

My favorite compressor... Great score - congrats. Mine is an '85. If you decide it's not for you it should fetch $100 or so on eBay.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.