1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NPD 1950 Broadcaster Custom Ordered

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Tenderfoot, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

I installed these yesterday and so far really like what I am hearing. I didn't want to spend $499.99 on the Fender 50/51 Telecaster pickups that just came out, but I liked the sound I heard on the Custom Shop demo video; so I asked my longtime pickup maker to build me a 1950 Broadcaster set using the same specs that Fender states that they used. IMG_3391.JPG

uriah1 likes this.
  2. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

499 for pickups??? My goodness!!

3. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

How are they? I've been eyeing a similar set on Reverb but are in the 200+ range. Does he ship? lol

4. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

Audio clips please! :D

5. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot Tele-Holic

Lord_Ingipz. I'm happy with them. Takes a little time dialing them in but that's true with most pickup sets. I think they are up there in quality and sound with the Virgil Arlo ($399) and Lindy Fralin ($200) early 50's tele pickups. Yes he ships.

klasher. I just put new strings on my tele and a new GA-CS-64 speaker in my 64 Custom Deluxe Reverb Hand-Wired so need a few days for things to settle in before making a demo that won't be colored by new string brightness and new speaker tightness. Maybe by this weekend I can get something posted.

Thanks to both of you for your questions.

6. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

This

WTF

There are great pickup makers making very very accurate pickups at a fifth of this. Mad.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.