Now this on Traynor YBA1

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
Whoa….lovin my YBA1 even more…YBA1 is 45 watts….the YBA1A is 100 watts..
image.jpg

Sorry I haven't had time to post this but a few weeks ago on YouTube Tone-Talk's ASK DAVE with amp designer, tech, engineer, mod developer and Rockstar's #1 repair guy, Dave Friedman of Friedman amps was asked about the similarity of the much vaunted Marshall JTM45 plexi amp and the legendary Traynor YBA ( YBA, YBA1, YBA1A Bassmasters).

They are not just Canadian Marshalls, as they have been dubbed for years, but, Dave Friedman said that they are Marshalls, specifically, JTM 45s.

Most of us here know its the same circuit, but Dave Friedman just told the world! You can count on the value of your Traynor YBA Bassmasters to rocket in the marketplace.

I'm keeping mine as I've played YBAs, YBA-1s, YBA-1a's off and on for 40 years or so, and it is a signifi ant part of my sound.

It would be a good time for Traynor to do a real reissue of these amazing amps and the short lived Anniversary models as well!

Friedman has a Traynor YBA-1A himself as part of his own personal amp quiver.

KeepItSimpleTele

Tele-Meister
These totally are the JtM45 circuit….with huge bullet proof output transformers! Makes the amp a little firmer overall but just a powerhouse. I have a 1967, a 1973, and a 1977! Transformers got a little smaller as the years went on but somehow I like this for guitar.

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
They are pretty readily available used, if they make a handwired "Reissue" it would be very expensive. I think there are a few minor differences from the Marshall circuit. They are great sounding and LOUD amps, and HEAVY.

Riffraff12571

Tele-Holic
I have a '72 I made a few Plexi tweaks to. Nothing drastic, just a few minor component value changes that push it slightly closer to Plexi than it's stock Bassman/JTM45 voicing. It has that classic tone I've never been able to get from the modern Marshalls I've owned.

Stock Les Paul Standard straight in, no pedals.

Telecaster with a Kent Armstrong Chaos bridge p/u straight in, no pedals.

Stock Telecaster w/SD-1 (my '93 Marshall 1959SLP's favorite pedal)

KeepItSimpleTele

Tele-Meister
I have a '72 I made a few Plexi tweaks to. Nothing drastic, just a few minor component value changes that push it slightly closer to Plexi than it's stock Bassman/JTM45 voicing. It has that classic tone I've never been able to get from the modern Marshalls I've owned.

Stock Les Paul Standard straight in, no pedals.

Telecaster with a Kent Armstrong Chaos bridge p/u straight in, no pedals.

Stock Telecaster w/SD-1 (my '93 Marshall 1959SLP's favorite pedal)

A Telecaster into a YBA-1 just rips. A thing of beauty! Nice riffs too

Whateverdude

TDPRI Member
Traynor Fanboy here, since I grew up in Detroit (moved in April) Traynors seemed to popped up for sale every now and then. My first two real amps were a packaged deal when I was 16, Sunn 4x10 combo and a Traynor 1x12. I have a YBA-1A right now that I’m looking to mod this year for full on Plexi goodness.