Now that NFL is pay TV what will you be doing t fill the blank time?

radtz

Tele-Afflicted
OK, I’m really confused? What changed? I know Thursday night moved from NFL Network (paid for, don’t have it) to Amazon (don’t have it), but it looks like the other games are on network TV this season, same as usual - what change is everyone talking about?
Being that most of the posts in this thread are from people don't watch the NFL, I don't think they know. Amazon hosting Thursday night football is the only change I see.

While were at it, I had to download and install AppleTV (free version) to watch a Brewers baseball game last week.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I went and looked at the schedule for the season, there's not a game on there that I would feel greatly deprived for not seeing. In fact I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the NFL for freeing up my Thursday evenings! NFL you had TOOO MANNNY NOTES! Only one thing to do in that case and you did it!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There is so much free stuff available on Television now if you have an internet connection, I'd almost feel funny buying something else. Literally hundreds of options. Then when we bought a new TV, we got about 100 channels from the Samsung TV network.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Ancient Rome had "bread and circuses" to placate the populace - and you know how that movie ended. Today we have welfare and sports. Our culture makes demi-gods of individuals who are paid millions and contribute nothing to civilization other than Monday morning watercooler banter for idiots. These same individuals have become so self-important that they think we hang on their every word and opinion on things they know nothing about. So yeah, it's high time we flushed the NFL and NBA. The only game I ever watched over the years was the superbowl, and that only because it's an excuse to socialize. Much better to get together with friends and play music, drink beer, eat wings ... and do something that makes the world a better place.

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
Are they doing the "free phone football" deal again this year? That was the deal where you could watch games (not every game, but at least your home town and a few others) on your phone through the NFL app, but it was free. They even had a bunch of TV commercials promoting "free phone football".

Cadillac_Mike

Tele-Holic
Funny thing about The NFL is; lookup any individual game from the past 30yrs on youtube that isn't a playoff game... It has maybe a few hundred views yet on that day millions of people in that state were watching it and your entire mood that day depended on whether or not "your" team won or lost. What does that tell you?

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Nothing about watching NFL games has changed recently that I'm aware of. Was this thread started 20 years ago lol

And I'll be watching a LOT this year, just like I always do, because I love it!

Funny thing about The NFL is; lookup any individual game from the past 30yrs on youtube that isn't a playoff game... It has maybe a few hundred views yet on that day millions of people in that state were watching it and your entire mood that day depended on whether or not "your" team won or lost. What does that tell you?

Hmmm, not sure it tells me anything one way or the other. But I did see a funny meme or saying or whatever the other day though.... "A man picks a team to cheer for when he's like 11 years old, and spends the rest of his life being miserable because of that choice." lol funny and true

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
There may not be anything available to watch anywhere that is as boring to watch as a re-run of a football game. People who have trouble sleeping should just try watching some NFL re-runs, they'll nod off pronto.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Heck, my grandson asked if I’d watched “Hard Knocks” featuring the Lions this year and you know what, I might just do that after the Tiger’s miserable play this season. Might be uplifting!
The Lions coach is like a hyper aggressive Yogi Berra meets Sparky Anderson... they have been playing clips on the radio out here and it is pretty funny. I may watch it too.

GeneB

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
If it's not OTA or streamed for free it doesn't get watched here. My Devil Rays no longer play on 'free' TV. We used to go to a few games a year but w/o watching games on the tele first to know the players etc we stopped going to the Trop too.

PennyroyalFrog

Tele-Afflicted
I’m incredibly disenchanted with sports right now. People in all four major sports are cheating like never before. Yes, players cheated “back in the day” but to very little advantageous extent.

Players are flopping like crazy that makes soccer look like a bunch of reverent, honest people. The whole spider tack stuff with MLB. Stealing signs illegally in MLB. NFL is similar with stealing “signs.”

Lastly, I’m sick of everything being sponsored by a corporation. I’m not against capitalism, but it’s perverse now. “The Geico fact/stat of the day.” “The Little Caesar’s player of the game.” Seems like three quarters of the stadiums, parks, arenas are named after companies. I get Wrigley's Field, but US Cellular Field? Little Caesars Arena?