Noventa Tele

blind radish

Tele-Meister
They are pretty cool teles. Joe Walsh played a single p90 Pickup Tele for his most recent album and he had no trouble making it sound FANTASTIC

noventa.jpg

Vegetable Man

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
They're cool looking, but a used LP Special or Junior with p90s might save you a few bucks and are excellent guitars as well.

keeffan

Tele-Holic
Love mine. I've always liked LP Jr. vibes, but everyone I owned (Epi, Gibson, Revelator, Reverend Sensei) never had the snap I wanted and were always a little to dark for me. The 25" scale and bolt on maple neck really add some snap to the P90. I guess it's what I always wanted a Junior to sound like in my head.

AndrewG

Friend of Leo's
I've had mine (vintage blonde), a couple of months now and I'm liking it a lot. It's surprising how many tones you can coax from a single P90. Couple of small things I really appreciate; nicely rolled fretboard edges, a spacer under the string tree, compensated brass saddles and a sensible electrosocket-type input jack. The separate maple board is a nice touch, eliminating that horrible plastic truss rod access plug you see on most MIM models. All in all a super guitar; yes it's a little pricey, but it's very different from a regular Tele, and that's another bonus.
I owned a couple of LP Juniors, including a '57, and the Noventa sounds very different-the longer scale and bolt-on construction lending it the immediacy, hard attack and 'snap' absent from the Gibson.

Last edited:

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
I've had mine (vintage blonde), a couple of months now and I'm liking it a lot. It's surprising how many tones you can coax from a single P90. Couple of small things I really appreciate; nicely rolled fretboard edges, a spacer under the string tree, compensated brass saddles and a sensible electrosocket-type input jack. The separate maple board is a nice touch, eliminating that horrible plastic truss rod access plug you see on most MIM models. All in all a super guitar; yes it's a little pricey, but it's very different from a regular Tele, and that's another bonus.
I owned a couple of LP Juniors, including a '57, and the Noventa sounds very different-the longer scale and bolt-on construction lending it the immediacy, hard attack and 'snap' absent from the Gibson.

I watched this video literally 10 mins ago, now I have a bad GAS attack! This guitar sounds amazing!

keyofnight

TDPRI Member

Damn, what a good review. "Immediacy and snap" is everything I've come to expect from a tele, and from P90s. The noventa tele must feel really good to play.

How are the electrics? Do you feel like you need to upgrade the pots, change the wiring, or add shielding?

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
I had that GAS a couple of months ago but thought $1000 was pretty high for what they are.
I built my own with all the best parts for about $600.
People always say this but when you do.thr math it doesn't add up unless.they are starting from raw wood.

Just "the best" neck and a P90 and you are already $400-600 in.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
People always say this but when you do.thr math it doesn't add up unless.they are starting from raw wood.

Just "the best" neck and a P90 and you are already $400-600 in.
$260 Warmoth neck. $125 Lollar pickup.

Different people may have different ideas about what "the best" is, but I thought these were the best options for this guitar.

Flyboy

Tele-Afflicted
Just picked a second-hand red one up for £400. Neck profile ok, could be a bit fuller, but nowhere near as slim as those Squier CV necks which are like rulers. The P90 howls like a banshee when gained.. Love it!

AndrewG

Friend of Leo's
Damn, what a good review. "Immediacy and snap" is everything I've come to expect from a tele, and from P90s. The noventa tele must feel really good to play.

How are the electrics? Do you feel like you need to upgrade the pots, change the wiring, or add shielding?
Thank you; in all honesty I wouldn't change a thing. I'm not much for tinkering and if a guitar works for me as it is, it stays as it is. The tone pot has a good taper and the guitar really isn't especially noisy; I play through a small Marshall DSL5CR 1x10 combo and there's very little hum from the P90.

Flyboy

Tele-Afflicted

Quiet as a church mouse. Good, firm travel on the pots and the range of the tone is almost filter-like. I absolutely love it!

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
$260 Warmoth neck. $125 Lollar pickup.

Different people may have different ideas about what "the best" is, but I thought these were the best options for this guitar.
Subjective best and objective best are different for sure.