Nothing's easy. (UPS content)

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
So that's what a draw is. "...and up a cloudy draw"...ok, now I can picture the whole song at last.

Now, what's a "gulch"?

Sorry for the OT...
Well, growing up west of the divide, I sometimes use terms that are different than used east of the divide, but mean the same thing. Now, as a mountaineer/ice climber, my vocabulary drifts off into French terms. Yup, don’t get me going on couloirs. Nevertheless, I found a YT vid that might help:

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Did they kill anyone? That seems to usually be the case when that happens.

Thankfully, no. Ironically, the house with the door they initially kicked in was vacant at the time. Probably a real good thing for everyone involved. I have no idea if they ever caught the guy they were looking for on the next block.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
If you can't report it, then just hold onto it. Eventually, the person missing the package will complain to UPS and they will find via GPS that it was mis-delivered.

This accomplishes the same thing since UPS will have to collect the package and deliver it themselves....or they just pay out the claim and you end up with the package.

Masmus

Tele-Holic
If you can't report it, then just hold onto it. Eventually, the person missing the package will complain to UPS and they will find via GPS that it was mis-delivered.

This accomplishes the same thing since UPS will have to collect the package and deliver it themselves....or they just pay out the claim and you end up with the package.

Does UPS actually have GPS coordinates for each delivery? I've never heard of this.

gimmeatele

Tele-Afflicted
You can't shout at someone online! LOL, seems to be a growing trend any complaints are dealt with on line, so much for customer services

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
Your postal costs are HUGE. we order in bulk if we can as we know the costs involved.
I want a guitar from Isiibashi but the costs are circa $350 and Japan is directly north one flight away ( same time zone even).

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
I haven't had a mail carrier in 4+ days. I was supposed to get packages yesterday and the day, before and USPS is apparently holding them hostage.

Wtf. They keep marking them out for delivery and then nobody shows up. At all. Anywhere in my neighborhood. Been this way 2 days in a row so far. If they wouldn't mark them out for delivery, I'd have gone and picked them up but they keep purposely lying about it for some reason. So I keep waiting for them to be delivered when we don't even have a mail carrier apparently.

ronzhd

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I do a fair share of shipping and receiving, what I have noticed is that they all pretty much suck. As soon as you
begin to give them the least bit of trust, they pull your pants down. So, I am on the perpetual cycle of going through UPS, Fedex, USPS, Greyhound, Hotshot drivers. Trust no one. Now if the expand the Uber deliveries, I will give that a shot as well.

Ghostdriver

Tele-Holic
I do a fair share of shipping and receiving, what I have noticed is that they all pretty much suck. As soon as you
begin to give them the least bit of trust, they pull your pants down. So, I am on the perpetual cycle of going through UPS, Fedex, USPS, Greyhound, Hotshot drivers. Trust no one. Now if the expand the Uber deliveries, I will give that a shot as well.

Aint this the truth....with ya there brother! I have an online business in the UK selling mainly to the US and Europe, man, all of em, and i mean all of em are f'ing useless !

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Ordered a pedalboard from DanGuitars in Denmark.
Supplier added it to Amazon and asked me to order that one
Ordered from Amazon, amazon refused to go to DanGuitar to collect, so after a week I cancelled the order
Ordered from reverb, DanGuitar again. They shipped via DHL. Excellent
Sailed through customs, DHL said they would deliver on the 1st Dec. Sadly I was on holiday 1st through 5th. So I filled in the online form to reschedule to the 6th. Got confirmation email that DHL had rescheduled delivery to the 6th Dec.

2nd Dec I got a notification that it was out for delivery. Rang customer services, managed to get through to a human who told me that it WAS indeed booked out for delivery on the 6th Dec as arranged. when I pointed out i'd had a out for delivery notification he rang the depot, who apparently told him it was on a shelf and the notification had been a mistake. Yeah right! Seconds later I get a "delivery failed" message.

5th Dec I get another "out for delivery" notification, then a "delivered", despite the fact that I was in France and DHL had confirmed they were going to deliver on the 6th Dec. Luckily my neighbour had been alerted and had signed for it. And the best thing? I get back on the 5th Dec, pick up the package from my neighbours on the 6th Dec, and the box has a $%^&*NG BIG sticker on it saying "Service hold: deliver 6th December"

Couldn't make it up could you!

Last edited:

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Maybe you’ll find she’s a smokin hot artist with a blowtorch. Or maybe You’ll discover it’s actually…. Blowtorch, hiding in exile.

Old Deaf Roadie

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
In my town, UPS us the stalwart & FedEx is the villain. In fact, FedEx is so bad here that I do not intend to renew my StewMax membership. I would rather pay for UPS from another vendor than be jerked around by FedEx for free.